Club/Grips combos to match apparel/shoes?

Club/Grips combos to match apparel/shoes?

•  

Just curious what people have done to their clubs  -- shafts, grips, ferrules, paint fills, etc to coordinate with shoes/outfits?

I know a guy with several drivers with the same shaft in different colours!  How far do you go to add some colour to your golf outfits.

• 2416 points

I don't have multiple clubs/shafts/grips to add color.  However, I do think that clubs and grips should be visually appealing to the golfer.  I appreciate that my AP1s are red, black, and silver trimmed.  My bag and towels match that color.  My grips are Winn DriTacs, which are grey with blue on the end, which are the two colors I'm most likely to wear.

I tested TM irons once, but they had yellow trim.  Yellow is my least favorite color and while I liked the irons, I didn't like the thought of having to look at them in my bag.  

•  

I don't take it quite that far, but I do like to have a "theme" with my clubs, bag, covers, and towel.  I like to at least have my equipment all match.

•  

Even as crazy as I am Mini, its tough to match every outfit AND shoes with my gear. Now I have gone and done custom paint fill on my clubs and also matched all my grips, but that's it.

So I have Blue Grips this year (going back to white when I re-grip in November), and I just did my paint fill on all my clubs to Maize yellow (for Michigan- Go Blue!).

• 2089 points

Think it would be pretty tough to match clubs to apparel colors.    But probably like most, I matched my grips and paintfill to the color of my bag.   Red and black.  

•  
    I painted the numbers on my irons to Orange and orange GP grips,,, My driver and 3W have the same blue shafts and the grips blue!!! Has to coordinate!
  •  

You are crazy! That's for certain ;)

Recently I had decided to wear orange for a round -- shirt, glove, shoes, and my hat had a hint. What put it over the top was that my drive shaft and its grip are also orange (Tour AD). My playing partners had a field day.

I don't seem to get the same ribbing when I wear black though -- even though most of grips and a 3w, and all the ferrules are black ;) Or when I wear red and my 3w shaft is red. I think it just comes down to the bright colours drawing more attention.

I do know I guy that has different colour ferrules and grips for different clubs  -- long irons vs. short. It certainly "pops" when he wears an outfit that matches.

•  

Wow, This is so far off my radar. Something else to think about during my swing.

•  

Even though I think it would be cool to do the equipment, I have only gone as far as wardrobe.  The shoe lace and the spikes will be the newest thing in a few weeks.  

(Thank you, FootJoy, for the laces!)

•  

I have the red/black multi-compound Golfpride gripes which happen to match the red and black headcovers for the Titleist driver, fairways, and hybrids.....my cart bag also happens to be red and black with white letters.....don't think I planned it that way........when I happen to wear FJ black or red outfits, well it looks great..........

•  

I've had a lot of orange grips from time to time - and used to have different colors on my wedges - but currently just something dull on the clubs.

•  

I have the Odyssey Island Breeze putter cover and grip. Which match my pink and black plaid monogrammed bag.

•  

my grips match my bag. red and black

•  

I hadn't thought about the grip/cover to bag combination. Interesting.  My towel is so old/grimey that it matches everything ;)

I'm just doing up a new set of irons and got some ferrules that will match my grips and have another neutral colour in them ( Black base with navy blue and white strips).

• 5663 points

Haven't...gone...this...far....into ... wardrobe...coordination........yet!