45 years ago today! Were you there?

45 years ago today! Were you there?

•  

Woodstock.  Three days of peace and music in White Lake, New York.  August 15-17, 1969, some of the great music of my time.  Eight years later, August 17, 1977, the King of Rock and Roll passed away at Graceland at the age of 42.  Elvis has left the building.  I love classic Rock and Roll and still enjoy listening to that music while endulging in a game I love so well called golf.......a bit of music trivia as it relates to my golf game....any of our FJC at this memorial event..I was wearing an Air Force blue uniform at that time.....

• 5235 points

I was just explaining about Elvis painted on black velvet to my 12 year old daughter. She likes Elvis but doesn't get the black velvet. Somethings you just had to be there to get.

•  
    Hanging around inside mom....
  •  

I was stationed in Berlin at the time, between my two tours of duty in RVN.

• 5264 points

I was a smarmy just teen teen who decided to hitchhike from our Cape summer home to the big show at Max's farm. Got as far as the first stop light a mile from my home when Dad, who had learned of my travel plans (thank you little brother), picked me up and gave me a rude....back home....

•  

TNT009
    Hanging around inside mom....

I was not even there yet...

•  

Yeah, wasn't around yet. Sounds like a fun event though

• 2013 points

-13, still a ways to go!!

•  

Trying to work  my way through College.  One of the the guys I worked with went took him 2 weeks to recover.

•  

doing what any crazy teenager would be doing -  playing golf and chasing older women - enough said

•  

MarkWDallasTx
    I was just explaining about Elvis painted on black velvet to my 12 year old daughter. She likes Elvis but doesn't get the black velvet. Somethings you just had to be there to get.

Graceland is well, you have to go there to explain it.......the man had a style of his own....different......but a heart as big as ever........he took care of his friends.......one of the guys I used to hang out with in the 70s used to fit Elvis at Lansky's.....Elvis pretty much owned Memphis....hail, hail, Rock and Roll...and Jimi was only with us a short period of time.......

• 1676 points

probably chilling out in my crib or play pen.  I was only five months old.  

• 1858 points

I was on a three month road trip from Louisiana up the west coast, up to Dawson Creek and then driving the ALCAN highway to Fairbanks. I realized along the way that a teenage boy was a good thing for my grandparents to have when driving the ALCAN to change flats on the unpaved ALCAN,

•  

wasn't even a twinkle in my dads eyes for 3 more years...

•  

Twenty two years old and stationed in Athens, Greece with a young wife of two years.....living two blocks from the beach.....had it better than most my age at that time who were in the military on the other side of the world......but we did enjoy the music.....and it lives on.....guess that means that Ted and I are old.....NOT