Seven Dreamers Golf - The ultimate golf shaft?!

Seven Dreamers Golf - The ultimate golf shaft?!

• 5247 points

Thought I would share with you all this article about a Japanese golf shaft manufacturer, Seven Dreamers - Pretty amazing process! Would you spend upwards of $1000 or more for a shaft??! Will it make that much of a difference in your golf swing??!

www.tourspecgolf.com/.../seven-dreamers-golf-shafts

• 5190 points

I can't imagine a spending upwards of $10,000. to reshaft my clubs. If I was going to spend that much on my golf game I would take lessons with Butch Harmon.

• 1942 points

+1 on what Mark said.  If you can't get the club face to the ball in the proper position, $10K to reshaft your clubs isn't going to help.

That said, I think it'd be cool to try one out.

•  

Wonder who is playing this shaft on the tour?

• 1978 points

Only way I am dropping that much on shafts is if it guarantees me a tour card, and that is definitely not happening!

•  

I'm sure these shafts will provider a good return on investment.....  ok, NOT!  I guess there is a market for this and the process makes sense, but the cost seems out there.  I thought the best part was the $120,000 fitting where you get to keep the actual mold.  That really sounds like a good spend!

•  

ChuckZ
    Wonder who is playing this shaft on the tour?

A dreamer with lots of cash

•  
    Hey, if ya got the cash...... Seems like a waste! Invest in a few lessons instead!
  •  

For $10k Hank Haney should fly out to my house for those lessons. My club fitter would never let me buy those shafts :)

•  
    While I agree... It clearly states the $10,000 shaft is "not for play".

Anyway, aren't there shafts nowadays that cost $300-500 each?

Also, I'm sure there's an elite market for it... I wouldn't be surprise to see a pro wins in one of them.

After all, it's golf's nature... Precision.
    • 5247 points

With putters costing as much as they do and plenty of folks shelling out thousands for collectible Scotty Camerons, I figure there has to be a nice niche market for these ultra high end golf shafts..And I will bet there are a few Japanese pros on Tour in Japan who have equipped their drivers or metal woods with these babies...heh heh heh..

I will say this: I can lose to someone gaming twenty five plus year old technology (as i did this past Sunday - My opponent hits the sweetest 195 yard Calloway "Heavenwood") just as easily as someone blowing through the annual budget for all of my sports activities...for the next decade and more on fancy pants golf shafts...

I remain amazed at the level of sophistication and precision found in these Japanese golf equipment manufacturers. Simply put, fantastic craftsmanship...

• 1843 points

I am kinda sure, no I am positively sure I wont be a consumer.

•  

Someone always builds a better mousetrap.  Most of us could use a $100 shaft and hit it just as well or  better as the $1000 shaft.

•  

If you have the $120,000 to spend, I will make you a deal. I'll take $50,000 and work with you every day, all day for 3 months. At the end I will have Titleist make you a completely new bag and FootJoy make you a pair or two of MyJoy ICONs. It will do a LOT more for your game and you save $70,000!!!

• 5247 points

Just remember that some of the greatest technological achievements derived at enormous expense by the developers (space program is a prime example) have led to astounding advances in efficiency and utility  in everyday items we take for granted. Think of the early adopter pricing of high definition TV - What we buy today for $1000 cost $15000  a decade ago...