Team USA- Dwindling

Team USA- Dwindling

•  

Wow. Tiger's back and game are a mess. DJ is out working to right his personal ship (or whatever PR is now saying), Dufner has a bad neck, Kuchar has a bad back. And Phil is who knows where.

Team USA seems in a bit of disarray and more apt to be in a hospital as on course. Who is there to save us? Who will answer the call to duty?

• 1846 points

It cant be much worse than it has been.

• 798 points

Time for the young guns to step up!!

• 5202 points

Hunter, Rickie, Zach, Bubba...thats a pretty good start.

•  

Maybe we get Wheelez to be the Euros driver

•  

Lots of young guns out there, Randy.  Simpson, Reed, Bradley, Spieth, Walker, Haas, Leishman, Fowler, Barnes, Na, plus some others who don't jump to mind right now.  We should be okay and it might give the newbies a chance to shine.

•  
    Maybe we can get Wheelez to drive the Euros team bus
    • 5255 points

While I don't necessarily see Bubba Watson as a team leader, he has an awesome game tee to green and could be a rallying point for a youthful squad. Fowler? Is he in the hunt, will he qualify? If so, he seems to like the pressure. Furyk will be the elder statesman with such a consistent game..get him another hat sponsor! There are others..but it is not a team of dominant marquee names. This team may need grit, spit, and baling twine to get it done...

•  
    New blood is a great thing!
    I say let the boys go out and peg it!
  •  

The Euros are licking their chops as it is, so somebody better step up to the plate.......there is question as to where Ian and Lee will be on their team this year.......they are bringing a strong team to Scotland........I guess you will have to play Randy.......  :-)

• 1759 points

Ya its not looking good but maybe that will make the Euro's get over confident and not come as prepared.  Thats about the only hope US has at this point.  I agree let the young guns go out and bring home the W!!

•  

At the risk fo alienation you all (except for lusogolf of course) c'mon Europeans !!!

•  

I called Coach Watson and let him know I am ready to play if he needs me

•  

The US historically gets favored, and talk of how many Major winners and TW and such dominates the discussion. Lots of that is "homer" mentality.

But this year will be different. Euros have at least 2 of this years Major winners. Rory on fire. Kaymer playing with confidence. Rose, McDowell, Westwood, and Sergio all veterans. And Poulter, the antagonist who rises to the occasion always. The Euros will be favored by a landslide on home soil.

So our boys need to form a new bond, with new players and maybe some untested guys. Can we do any worse than over the past 4 Cups? Probably not. So I am looking for a miracle and also a new day with new players.

• 1988 points

Well you have to remember 08 too.   Not exactly an all star lineup and we got the job done.