Rain, rain, rain

Rain, rain, rain

•  

RAIN.  I'm not talking about the Beatles tribute band, but the stuff that falls from he sky and makes the course unplayable and locks me in for the weekend.  Tropical storm Bertha has made her presence on the east coast and my clubs are taking a rest and it appears it may be that way for a while.  My wife has sent me to my mancave and I guess it will be me, Katie the doxie and the Golf channel for a while.  You guys in Southern Cal where it never rains, hit'em straight.  

•  

Raining in Wilmywood as well......

•  

Sunny and humid here in the Florida Gulf Coast. Humiture is a more apt phrase.

•  

Think of it as a rest, Chuck.  Your game will be fresh when you once again can get out on the links.  We Texans actually look forward to days like that, just to take care of other things for a change.

• 5686 points

Inside day yesterday on Cape Cod and looks like a bit more rain will fall again today on the Cape. We have actually had a great summer with the rain days being few and rain nights a bit more common. I can only say a prayer for those in California - the drought is serious business....

• 5686 points

Inside day yesterday on Cape Cod and looks like a bit more rain will fall again today on the Cape. We have actually had a great summer with the rain days being few and rain nights a bit more common. I can only say a prayer for those in California - the drought is serious business....

•  

It can rain all it wants. My ponds are empty. Break out the RainSof gloves and keep on swinging. I welcome the rain over 70 % humidty.

•  

Yeah, but we retirees try to stay away from those honeydo lists.....ha...ha.....looks like it will be here through Tuesday.....could catch up on cleaning my FJ shoes.......maybe those bad habits will get washed away and a better game will appear......

•  

Well boys, it actually drizzled yesterday during my round! And it felt awesome....

Also got some much needed rain overnight, but not nearly enough.

•  
    Sorry to hear a missed round for you, Chuck. But I'm sure there will be other nicer days to come for you out there.

This Sunday morning, it also rained a bit up at the high desert north L.A., enough to turn the temps 30 degrees cooler/nicer for the day. Loved the cool rain we haven't had for so long. I broke out the light FootJoy rain gear!

additionally, the DNA shoes stayed water proof all day. It got a little muddy, but a quick hose down and dry wipe down with a towel at the turn made it nice and clean again.
  •  

It's Monday and our group planned on hitting the links, but David called and said it was raining along the southern waterway and the back nine is closed and cart path only, we are walkers, so it really doesn't matter.....I have plenty of FJ rainwear and my FJs are water proof, but this is just not fun playing in slop.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....another washout.....guess I'll watch the grass grow.......   :-)

•  

Yes, it does in rain in California, and we got a much needed storm last evening. In some areas as much as 5 inches fell. We have not seen this much rain in months, and it really was a pleasure to see and hear rain! This morning, it's amazing to see how different the landscape looks.

• 2324 points

Starting my vacation with stops in Charlotte this weekend, outer banks next week then back to charlotte for next weekend and hoping the storm is blown further east and I can get some golf in.  We will see.  

•  

Hey Chuck, do you think you could send some of that rain over to Texas?  We can always use it around here, especially this time of year!

• 4690 points

Dry summer in the NE for us.  Until the last week and a half or so.  It's been crazy the amount of rain we've picked up.  We set a record in July for the amount of rain.  All of it fell in the last five days of the month.  I'm hoping it goes away for a bit again