Road to the PGA Championship

Road to the PGA Championship

•  

tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/.../285689

Last night I watched the airing of Road to the PGA Championship on Golf Channel. The link above details the show, which was produced by CBS Sports.

Most of you know that this years Champion is Michael Block, Head Golf Professional at my club, Arroyo Trabuco Golf Club. It was so great to watch last night and see all the coverage of Michael and his family. There are scenes all around our club and facilities, so a little pride is coming out for sure.

Most of the folks you see during segments are friends of mine from the club. Michaels caddy Josh is a wonderful friend, and we cut each other up every weekend. A wonderful young guy! Michael is seen lifting and messing around with Brett Massingham, our club fitter, and one of the nicest people I know.

ATGC has been a place that's been pretty important in my life over the past couple years. Makes it really special to see Michael succeed, and you can tell how genuine he is through the show. And you see how the club has responded to him and supported him.

Give it a watch if you can. It's a wonderful piece.  

•  

I recorded it and I will watch it tonight, Randy. I was rooting for Michael the whole way!! Have you had a chance to talk to him and ask him what his goals are for the PGA Championship?

•  

Whaql1
    I recorded it and I will watch it tonight, Randy. I was rooting for Michael the whole way!! Have you had a chance to talk to him and ask him what his goals are for the PGA Championship?

I have spoken to him Mikey. Right now he's practicing a lot and just trying to mentally prepare. Usually his step one is to make the cut on Friday and then calibrate, so I think that will be in his mind.

• 5184 points

Just making the cut is an impressive feat. I'm pulling for him.

•  

I watched the show on the Golf Channel and enjoyed learning about the featured players who made it to the championship.  It's really neat to see some of the club pros featured that will be playing this year.  Michael seems like a real stand up guy and I will be pulling for him to play well next week.

• 1729 points

Ya awesome story and will be pulling for him.  I've also been intrigued over the years of the Mike Small story as he was a teammate at U of Illinios with Stricker and is their golf coach now.  The guy can still play at a high level and has won the PGA pro Championship a few times.