Tournament Golf

Tournament Golf

•  

How many of our members play in amateur or pro golf events?  That is individual or fourball two day or more golf tournaments.  I love the competition.......how about you?    

•  
    Chuck, I play is several club events as well as a few State tourneys. In fact I have the RI Stroke play today at my home course. Wish me luck
    • 1560 points

I wish i could answer this but i don't play in any.  I don't play enough to have the confidence..  Hopefully once my 2 little ones are grown up and don't want anything to do with Daddy, i can get out more and start building confidence to play in amateur tournaments...

I do like hearing stories though from other members on how they're doing and playing..  Hope everyone plays well..    

•  

Chuck.... As a rule I don't play in any club events now. Over the years I have, and I find with padded handicaps and some of the other stuff that goes on, I chose to continue playing exclusively for fun. That was my original reason for taking up golf; have fun and try to do something I could work at to become better.

My days of competition have gone by. I prefer a more leisurely pursuit now.

•  

I love tournaments and play in as many as I can.  I've played in a couple of 3 day member guests and would like to start getting into some state level tournaments.  I was paired up in the final group of my Club Championship with a player who's won several Mass tournaments.  I doubt I'll win anything at the state level, but it's great to get the experience.

• 3134 points

I play 1 or 2 a month ,home club events mostly. I like the competition, actually won my flight at a Tour Partners event at River Highlands a few years ago.  Only once at a state level have I competed.

I must say the most fun I have is playing against my 18 yr old and seeing him progress each month, still hasn't beat his old man yet but I know those days are coming.

•  

Absolutely.  Love tournament golf.  I do not get worked up over winning or losing like when I was younger, but still have a competitive desire to play.  I have won 3 mens club events so far this year and will defend my Club Championship soon.  We also have a City and State organization that hosts great tournaments.  Less than a month for my trip out to Vegas for an annual tournament.

TT

•  

I play in a few random events but nothing like I did when I was playing in college. I would like to play more but being an adult gets in the way most of the time.

•  

Whaql1
    I play in a few random events but nothing like I did when I was playing in college. I would like to play more but being an adult gets in the way most of the time.

When will you be an adult Mikey???

TT

•  

Happened about 3 months ago, kicking and screaming.

• 5586 points

I play in a few charity events and a couple of meber guest a year.

•  

The thing I gave up on were the captains choice tournaments......it got to the point that there was so much cheating in putting teams together that it took all the fun out of them and it actually ruined my game.......so those are completely out for me.....and do not like handicapped matches, well I don't think I need to go there.........I really like playing my ball and having to scramble.......although I do not mind a good two day fourball match every now and then......my partner and I finished second in the men's senior first flight city of Charleston last year......coming up in September.......football season....hope he will play.......

•  

I really enjoy playing in tournaments and playing competitive golf.  I play quite a number of club events across the country and have also played in state and other competitions.  Having to make a put or shot under pressure really adds another dimension to the game.

• 5378 points

I haven't played any tournament golf since high school! I do play in a some work (Wall Street)-related tourneys. One such event in 2007, put the top ten clients (each foursome had two clients and two folks from the tourney sponsoring company - format was best ball, low gross) in a playoff - the top two players would "advance" out of the US bracket to play in the big global event, a week-long extravaganza at Valderrama in Spain! I  was one of the ten players. I drew the #1 tee spot and shook like a leaf on the first tee. After crushing my driver all day long, i decide to play "smart" and hit a three wood off the first tee. That Titleist never had a chance - died at the hands of a vicious driver disease, smothered hook! My double bogey actually advanced to play another hole, but there the dream died as I  three jacked my birdie putt from a daunting 15 feet...the putter shake was measured at 7.8 on the Richter scale. The eventual winners of the two slots were a couple of traders from Deutsche Bank who spend their summers playing as clients in these boondoggle events  - seasoned pros with nerves of steel and BIG bank rolls...You have to love big budget corporate golf...

•  
    I play in about one league tournament each month, plus the season-ending two day tournament, this year in September. Earlier this year I played in the Texas GA's south regional senior am, super senior division. I also play in both of my clubs' tournaments--match play, four ball, individual, and adult-junior whenever possible. I like challenging myself. My partner and I won the low gross in one club's four ball. Building up that course credit, working toward a new 915 driver.