Golf with significant other?

Golf with significant other?

•  

Why or why not?  I do not because my wife doesn't play.

•  

Wish she played, but she has no desire. It does let me get out with the boys though, so not all bad.

•  

I think there is another topic about this? 

Nonetheless, I don't because the girlfriend doesn't golf.  She says "she's not competitive enough", but she does like to drive the cart around and drink some wine/fruit drink while I play so it works out.

•  

EM, you are correct, this is in another topic somewhere.

I do play golf with my wife. We play in mixed competitions, and a lot on holiday. She is playing pretty well so it is even more fun.

•  

Prior to getting married we golfed at least once a week, now that we have two kids we've only been out a handful of times...I like playing golf with my wife...she's actually a very good player and it's nice to get out for a relaxing round with her every now and again.

•  

We have found over many years of marriage we enjoy having individual pursuits. I enjoy playing golf  as much as possible having a few beers afterwards and she enjoys bossing me around when I come home.

•  

Wife doesn't want to golf. Says it is her time to get things done.

• 4775 points

Wife doesn't play and that's OK by me.

•  

I don't  play with my wife.  She's not very into it, and really I like to have the time with the guys.

•  

I actually played a round with my wife last weekend. My standard line when folks ask me if I play golf with my wife is, "she has clubs." She is more into golf for the social elements of chatting with other lady friends, but the actual playing of golf isn't her main interest. So I have invested in some great equipment for her (including a couple great pairs of Lady FJ). But 1 to 2 rounds a year is enough for her.

•  

Too funny bholley, but I know what you mean about being bossed around after playing...especially when I play without her.

Unless I bring home some serious skin money and share...than I get a reprieve from being bossed.

•  

I wish my wife would play but she has no interest at all.  Maybe down the road she can pick it up.  It would be nice to have her play later in life to give us something to do together.  I do look forward to playing with my 2 sons when they get older though.  But for the time being my wifes clubs are collecting dust in my golf room

•  

cleanfan

Why or why not?  I do not because my wife doesn't play.

Why or why not?  I do  not  because my wife doesn't play.

Cleanfan I decided to modify your reason to become my reason.

•  

She won't go, but I think it would be nice.  I think that she is worried about looking the fool. 

I think I have to start her off with like mini or even P&P before I even get her on the range.

Her not going is actually a good thing to.  When I need wife related stress relief i can go to the range and just get it all out.

•  

my wife doesn't play either. she kinda wants to learn, but unfortunately doesn't have a athletic bone in her body. maybe some day we'll golf together.