Which Titleist golf ball has the most distance?

Which Titleist golf ball has the most distance?

• 2040 points

I have a couple scrambles coming up these next few months and like to get a ball that I can bomb off of the tee with little spin.  Anyone have much luck with Velocity or NXT for distance?  My swing fits the ProV1X but play ProV1 a lot as well.  Swing is in the 115-120 range in the simulator.  When playing in scrambles in the past, I've played a lessor competitor ball and just try to bomb it without care if I lose it and then go down to like a ProV1 for my approach shots and putts.  Was just wondering if anyone had any help in this area?

•  

I think you should stick with the ProV1x, DB9.  It's long off the tee and does all the rest without having to constantly switch balls.

• 981 points

I believe the Velocity is Titleist "distance" ball. Good luck in the scramble.

• 5542 points

ProV1x is a wonderful distance ball. Not sure you will find a better performing ball for ANY reason within the Titleist line!

•  

Velocity is a pretty long ball, and get about the same distance as the ProV1.........I used the Velocity some this winter and it seemed to go a long way.......bought a dozen pretty cheap at Wallyworld.......

•  

Over a year ago, I was swinging well and decided to test a sleeve of the Velocity, Prov1 and Prov1x'. NXT Tour and NXT Tour S balls. My driver produces clubhead speed between 104 - 106 MPH. The ProV's ended up at 264 - 271 yards and the NXT's 275 - 282 yards. The Velocity balls were all 30+ yards behind the ProV1's. The grass was over 3/4" long in the fairways and they weren't rolling very far. Next, 5 irons from 185 to the center of the fairly flat green. The Prov1's carried and stopped within 10 feet of their pitch mark. The NXT's released 20 to 30 feet from their pitch mark  The Velocity did not carry to the front of the green (171 yards). This is my data so may I suggest you perform a similar test?

•  

Velocity is the longest I have played, but the NXT isn't bad either. I may not be the best person to comment because I don't look for distance in a ball, so you may want advice from that type of player.

•  

I think scrambles can really screw things up.  I have always felt I should play my normal game, ball,etc.  If I try and do historic stuff my swing comes apart.  So whatever ball you normally play play.  Besides you need to play the same ball for the hole.  Exception is it is lost or becomes unplayable.

•  
    .... Oops... the problem with the Velocity and the NXT Tour was holding around the green. In a scramble for max distance I would go with the Velocity.
  •  
    The original post I deleted on accident was.... A couple of weeks ago, one of my buddies and I did a little experiment on one round. We hit a Velocity, NXT Tour and Pro V1x for the driver shots. With the Pro V1x as a baseline, the Velocity was consistently 15 yards and the NXT Tour was consistently 10 yards.
    • 2040 points

pulplvr
    I think you should stick with the ProV1x, DB9.  It's long off the tee and does all the rest without having to constantly switch balls.

Hey pulp, I do agree with you it may be easier to just go with a great ball and play the ProV1x the whole way through.  I tend to like to tinker so that is what brings the whole dilemma.  In the past I've played a distance ball off of the tee, ProV1x on approaches and ProV for short game and putting.  So yes maybe better to focus on my game with the one ball for sure.  

• 2040 points

Jake S

Thanks Jake, ya I may tease my self if I see a sleeve next time I play but not sure I would need the whole dozen.  

• 2040 points

Jake S

Thanks Jake, ya I may tease my self if I see a sleeve next time I play but not sure I would need the whole dozen.  [quote user="Jake S"]

• 2040 points

pistolpete
    ProV1x is a wonderful distance ball. Not sure you will find a better performing ball for ANY reason within the Titleist line!

Yes Pete I agree, with the new new ProV1 I am no longer noticing large gaps in distance versus the X.  ProV1x flies a little lower and a little harder around the greens so it depends on the course and the conditions which ball I play ProV1 or ProV1x normally.  

• 2040 points

ChuckZ
    Velocity is a pretty long ball, and get about the same distance as the ProV1.........I used the Velocity some this winter and it seemed to go a long way.......bought a dozen pretty cheap at Wallyworld.......

Thanks Chuck, ya I may do the sleeve if I see one around but don't think I'll get through a whole dozen of Velocity's.  The inner "tinkerer" in me is always pulling at me though!!  haha