Golf Cart Fan

Golf Cart Fan

•  

Have been reading an article about the PGF (Personal Golf Fan) brand that can be adapted to my Clicgear push cart.  Has anyone had any experience with this product.   Sounds like a good idea for those hot humid days coming up in Charleston.  I enjoy walking but a cool breeze would be nice.  Thanks, Chuck.....  :-)

• 4867 points

www.golfdigest.com/.../the-best-golf-fan-ever-its-not.html

I think a fan would be a good investment.

•  

You got me thinking of it, Chuck!

http://youtu.be/exsdt2irpGY

• 1393 points

$200...really?

•  

Yeah, that is the one I am talking about.....rather expensive....cost almost what the cart costs.....went to Wallyworld and picked up a battery operated one and attached it to my cart and will see how it works tomorrow.......the one I purchased has a 5' blade on it and puts out a nice breeze......was looking for a testimonial......thanks for looking out fo DI.....DII.....

• 5058 points

Nice idea but I agree with Prof 3 - $200? Um, no thanks... Chuck, let us know how the alternate fan idea works...!!

•  

use an umbrella on the push cart

•  

Well, guys it worked out well......a short bungie cord, two D batterys, and a $7 5" fan and I am in good shape....they also have 10" fan that takes, I believe 4 D batterys for around $15.......adjusted the angle of the handle on my clicgear and with the umbrella stayed rather comfortable.....just could not see dropping $200 on a fan....everyone that saw it was asking about it and wondering where it got it...think I have started a trend at the course........I was never in favor of paying that much in the first place, I was wondering if anyone on the forum had tried that particular brand and wanted their opinion of it's value.......if it lasts one season, I'm a happy camper........Bruce, I always use the umbrella....cools it down at least 10 degrees.......not a real fan of riding carts....need the exercise.......

• 1393 points

well played sir! now, what are you gonna do with the $192.50 you saved?

•  

Any breeze will help, but unless the air is chilled, it won't make much of a difference in 95 plus degree heat.

•  

fredcloss
    Any breeze will help, but unless the air is chilled, it won't make much of a difference in 95 plus degree heat.

The fan is step 1 in the evolution of the product, Chuck... now you are going to have to figure out how to incorporate a mister so you have an evaporative cooling system on your hands...  I think that will really start a trend!!

•  

I also have one of those cool wraps you can put around you neck........the key in hot and humid days is drinking a lot of water and keeping your wrists and neck cool.......have walked this crazy heat for years.......wear light colored clothing.......a lot of combinations works......that old humiture gets well over 100 along the coast this time of the year through August......be smart.....drink a lot of water before you begin......

• 4867 points

You could just walk faster and make your own breeze. Save you a couple hundred bucks.

• 934 points

"just could not see dropping $200 on a fan..."

Especially when the new 915's are about to come out, right Chuck?  LOL.

•  

There may be a better idea Mike: This puts out ice chilled air at 40 degrees and 800 CFM