Mickelson's backward shot

Mickelson's backward shot

• 1869 points

Never seen this before, crazy.  

• 1716 points

That's just crazy good.

• 934 points

This was shown in a segment of his short game video.   He is a magician.

Wonder if he ever had to pull something like that off in competition.

• 4201 points

Phil is just one of those guys who "has it" when it comes to his short game and its awesome to watch.

•  

He did this in college all the time.  We had some mounds around our green at the Karsten course and it was a lot of fun to watch.  You can do this also but be careful! LOL

•  

He did this in college all the time.  We had some mounds around our green at the Karsten course and it was a lot of fun to watch.  You can do this also but be careful! LOL

•  

My preference is for him to hit it straight and make some birdies and pars. That will serve him better this week in Pinehurst....

• 4943 points

wow. i've never seen that one either. Incredible that he got that close to the hole.

• 5067 points

I don't know what all the fuss is about. I have a backwards shot in my bag..take a lie in the rough, oh, 20 yards off of the fairway. With the ball nestled down in the cabbage and a nice stand of northeastern hardwood oaks just off of the direct line to the green, choose the creative Mickelson shot and flight a low iron just to the left of tree one and right of tree two and let'er rip! As you follow through you'll hear that satisfying "thwock" as the ball drills the heart of the trunk of either one of the trees and lands a good 50 yards behind you deeper in the weeds!!

• 1427 points

Ya pretty crazy shot and I hope he wins me $1.5 mill next week!!  haha

•  

DURING A PRACTICE SESSION AT THE MASTERS SOME TIME AGO I SAW JOSE MARIA OLAZABAL HIT A SHOT VERY SIMILAR THAT WENT BACK OVER HIS HEAD. I HAD NEVER SEEN IT BEFORE.