What are the Odds of 2 Hole in One in a Single round?

What are the Odds of 2 Hole in One in a Single round?

•  

I was just reading a story about a man who had two holes in one in a single round and I was so impressed and very happy for the man.  The story was from the SCGA publication.  Just sharing.  Hope you enjoy it, too!

www.scga.org/.../twice-as-nice

•  

Wow, that's really something.  Getting one is a round is hard enough.  Two is simply inconceivable.  Wonder how his lottery tickets fared.

•  

About the same as B.Holley  posting something without being  censored.......

• 1846 points

9,222,500 to 1

•  

Ty Webb
    About the same as B.Holley  posting something without being  censored.......

So true

•  

There was a gentleman at our club that had 2 HIO's in one round as well as an eagle.  That was the craziest card I have ever seen.  It is framed and hanging in our club.  I will have to grab a pic next time I am over.  I don't recall his final score, but believe it or not, it was above par.

•  

That's even a bigger story, BB!

One other story I know of was two people having a hole in one in the same round!  First, the guy holed in a tee shot from 170ish on a par 3, 8th hole.  Then his wife, holed a tee shot from 120is on a par 3, 11th hole.

But, yes, do post that score card photo- 'be fun to see.

•  

Here's one for you. There's a regular at Coronado that went 2-2 on the 12th and 13th holes, same round. Eagle on the 300 yard par 4 12th hole. And double eagle on the 543 yard par 5 13th hole. 5 under par on those two alone! There's a plaque on the spot he hit his second shot from on the par 5 commemorating the feat.  

• 5255 points

Crazy! I played in a foursome at Bethpage Black where on the eighth hole,  par 3, the farthest shot from the hole was roughly  three  feet and closest was a HIO... The last golfer to tee off had the ace....But these other unlikelies are amazing..

• 1676 points

Pretty neat to hear about this.  I have seen a few holes in one, but never two in a round by the same person.  We did have a guy make a hole in one on a par four at my course last year, 315 yard shot.