The golf bikes are here

The golf bikes are here

•  

Remember a couple months ago when we were talking about new products from the PGA Show, and there was a photo of a golf bike -- specially made to carry a light golf bag? Well, they have arrived. Troon Golf bought some and "rolled" them out at the Westin Kierland in Scottsdale. It's a pretty flat course, so I'd say that's a good choice -- but it also gets darn hot there in the summer! Here's the story: http://www.pga.com/news/golf-buzz/bicycle-golf-debuts-kierland-golf-club-in-scottsdale-ariz?cid=social_20140514_23877344

• 1903 points

I think I would rather walk.

•  

One of the senior ladies at our course rides a golf bike now and has for a few years......does not help her pace of play......but she does get a lot of exercise and she is in great shape....will have to get a picture of her one day......she even has an umbrella attachment for the hot humid days in Charleston.....

• 5467 points

Maybe a big tricycle designed to carry a golf bag.

•  

Cool idea...

Personally, I would walk.

-ICONs for All

•  

Say it isn't so.   Next,  one built for two

•  

Looks like a chance to fall over a couple of times for sure.

• 5467 points

GolfGuyInTx
    I think I would rather walk.

Agreed. I don't need more stuff on the course. Less is more.

• 3091 points

I agree with Mark less is more, It's not gonna help the game then why bother ?

•  

Count me in, not my idea of fun.  Rather be walking.

•  

To each their own seems to be the best course of action. We could all do with more exercise and it's got to be better for us than using a cart.

• 5312 points

I like the idea: exercise but faster than walking, can go any where on course with your clubs, and you can play faster than cart or walking. But where do I keep my beer and cigarettes ? ;)

•  

hmm... I agree on flat courses this could be useful but I can only think of 1 or 2 courses in my area that are flat enough for such an idea. I think people are on the right track but just not useful enough for hilly courses.

• 5330 points

I can see my 11 year old trying to stunt ride with one of these rigs - A wheelie down the fairway after a good drive...

• 1690 points

The course I work at is pretty flat, so these things might be fun to try out.  But I like walking with the three wheeled push cart.  And I am sure some *** fool would try and jump a pond and end up drowning himself.  But still a nifty idea, they get five points for creativity.