Tournament Season Starting

Tournament Season Starting

•  

Happy to see things finally starting to green up around here and tournaments starting to kick in.  For me, the first tournament if the year starts this weekend.  I will certainly be looking good in my new MyJoy charcoal lizard shield tips and FJ clothing this afternoon, and I hope the golf will follow suit.

Unfortunately the last three rounds I played were 7 strokes over my handicap, then another round that was 7 strokes above my handicap, then 5 strokes over my handicap earlier this week.  With golf like this I will be clinging to the bottom of the leader board.  Hopefully this trend will not continue!

Anyway, no matter how I play it will be good to get back in the saddle playing some more competitive golf.  At least I know I will be looking good in all of my FJ gear!

•  

Those scores could just be hiccups...  I've always taken those incidents prior to a tournament a good thing...  get it out of the way and be your self when it counts.  Play well this weekend, Mike_C.  

•  

Mike, how you play means far less than how you look.  :-)  In your FJ outfit, I'm sure you'll fit the part of a true tournament golfer, however you play or score.  That's how I felt this week for the South Senior Amateur--looking good in FJ!

• 1764 points

Good luck on your endeavors.

• 5035 points

Things will get better. Hang in there. Nice day for golf in Dallas.

• 1664 points

I have played in a couple of tournaments so far this spring, and have a fun match play event against another course tomorrow.  Should be a fun time for all.  Just hope I can hit it good enough to beat my opponent. Have a great weekend everybody.

•  

Well, the play didn't improve too much for the tournament but it improved a little.  Still shot 3 strokes over my handicap each day.  Good news is it is improving.  Course conditions were pretty windy this weekend, which put some pretty high scores on the board across the field.  We even had rain for about three holes on Sunday before it cleared up.  Fortunately it was a better ball format with a partner so a little ham and egg kept our winning bets above our losing bets.

•  

play well this year...don't worry about the early season high scoring...I'm sure the late start for everyone will see a lot of high scores...practice those 3 footers and all will get better...

• 4315 points

Good luck the rest of the season.  I've yet to actually play legit competitive golf.  Now that I'm a club member and plan on getting a lot more golf in I may see about doing so.  Even looking into the NY Am. stuff.  It'll be fun to have to step my game up!

• 1664 points

It was a great weekend of golfing.  I helped my team win our inter club match and we retained the cup for another year.  I won my match by one hole, and secured points for my team.  now I hope to use this in my next event in three weeks.  Have fun out there everybody and hit it well.  

•  

I think gearing up into the new season and shaking off the rust is a process, and it always seems to take longer than you would like.  Continuing to focus on it and make little changes and tweaks where necessary.  You want to play like you were playing last fall but it takes a bit.  At least the first tournament is under my belt and moving forward.  Getting ready for the next tournament in two weeks in Ireland... time to dial it in a bit!