Arnold Palmer Special

Arnold Palmer Special

•  

Over the weekend I'm sure we all enjoyed seeing the opening ceremonies and tee shots by Mr Palmer, Mr Player, and Mr Nicklaus. Seeing it again this year I was struck by Mr Palmer is starting to show his age.

Then I watched the special last night and saw all the wonderful stories firsthand of what an unbelievable treasure Arnie is to the golf world! His mark on the game and the tour as we now know it is truly remarkable.

As a youngster I didn't follow golf as I do now. But I knew well who Arnie and Jack were. Now I understand their rivalry, and how it shaped those two people. This story, his experiences, are all so wonderful and colorful. Simply cant wait to see more episodes that are coming.

What an absolutely wonderful part of golf and life Arnie is. The ultimate Ambassador to the game.

•  

I couldn't agree more.  Mr. Palmer is my idol.  He worked so hard over the years to bring this great game to where its at.  He is truly a legend!  It was my honor an priviledge to meet him again last year at the Ouimet Centenial Celebration.

•  

After an exhausting weekend playing outside with the kids, I had to DVR it.  Hopefully I'll be able to watch it soon.

•  

I DVR'd it this afternoon and will watch soon...glad to hear it sounds like a great show

• 1936 points

Very well put Tar Heel.   The game would not be the same without them and everything thing they still do today.  

•  

I missed it yesterday but set to record the re-run today as well as the other two episodes.  The trailer for the show was very good.  looking forward to seeing the series.

• 1976 points

Last nights episode was great and I look forward to tonights!!!!!!

• 5035 points

Just finished watching the first episode. It was definitely enjoyable.

• 4333 points

I am sad that I missed it and its on the DVR to record the re-runs!

I cannot wait to watch it.  While I wasn't a big golfer when  younger my dad watched enough of it that I knew who player, palmer and nicklaus were along with the Shark and others.

It's undeniable the impact that Arnie has had on the game and I enjoy seeing him at the Master's every year still out there giving it a go.

•  

Who's that next to Brian?

• 1776 points

Love him or not he certainly laid the foundation for today's tour.

•  

I thought that was you.....

•  

BostonBuzza
    I couldn't agree more.  Mr. Palmer is my idol.  He worked so hard over the years to bring this great game to where its at.  He is truly a legend!  It was my honor an priviledge to meet him again last year at the Ouimet Centenial Celebration.

Brian.... Well congratulations for that experience. I will set my sarcasm aside in the spirit of gentlemanly behavior.

•  

Should be interesting, Magnum PI is doing the narration.

I grew up during the time that Arnie was mostly a pitch man. Saw him play at the Fred Meyer Challenge in the 80's though and he still had some serious game.

•  

Fantastic film!