Zurich Classic

Zurich Classic

•  

This year at the tournament, I am going to be a sign bearer. I have never done this before so it should be a blast being inside the ropes & getting to see some of the best golfers up close. Can't wait!!

•  

Have fun!

• 1272 points

Pretty awesome, I think that would be really fun and thinking of doing that at the Memorial at Muirfield Village some day.  

• 1683 points

Enjoy yourself and enjoy the birds eye views.

• 4922 points

Awesome!  Should be a real treat.

•  

Nice Sammy!  Can't wait to see which group you are paired with.  

•  

Me to Todd. Hopefully I will get a good group one of the two days I work.

•  

Me to Todd. Hopefully I will get a good group one of the two days I work.

•  

Sounds like a fun opportunity.  It's always cool to get a behind the scenes look at one of the PGA tour events.  Have fun and hope you get assigned to a good group.

• 4180 points

Awesome opportunity.  Make sure you let us know all about it afterwards!

•  

I worked Thursday & got the group of Camilo Villegas, Tim Herron & Tag Ridings. I had never heard of Tag before but he could hit the tar out of the ball & was a pretty good putter. Tim Herron found trouble of the 1st  tee & it went downhill from there for him .Camilo was kinda odd. He always walked way behind his caddy & the other players. He also hit almost every shot off his front heel. I've never seen another pro ever do that. Anyway the afternoon winds played *** with them. On the 2 par3's on the front both playing over 200 yards they all came up short.Tag was the only one under par & the only one to make the cut.  They were all cordial at the end & each gave me a signed ball which is standard for Standard bearers but was still cool! As for me I had a *** of a time starting out as the apron I was wearing with all the #'s kept coming loose because I was trying to walk & change scores at the same time. When the wind kicked up, I had to turn the sign sideways out of the wind because I could hardly walk.

As of right now I have the 10:10 tee time tom with Troy Matteson & Stuart Appleby. Not any of the Marquee players but this being my first time at Standard Bearer I really didn't expect much. Looking forward to tom round. Forecast calls for wind again.

Let The Balls Fly!!!!

• 4180 points

Awesome update!  How'd the rest of the tournament go for you?

•  

Thanks for sharing your experiences, it's cool to get a "behind the ropes" view of the players.  

•  

Sunday morning 10:10 t-time for me. I had John Senden & Martin Flores.  Again another player (Flores) I was not familiar with. The South Louisiana winds were howling again on the wide open course. 20MPH with gusts over 30 made the course a monster on Sunday. Senden & Flores both started the day at -7 & it was pretty hoe hum for the first few holes. Flores was an excellent striker of the ball into the wind all day with most of his approach shots landing within 10-12' but the poor boy couldn't' make a putt if his name was putt!!! Things quickly went south for him & he finished at -3 I think. Senden made 1 birdie & 2 bogeys to finish at -6.

Me & my sign had a *** of a time in the wind. 1 of the banners flew off on the back 9 & my hat flew off four times before I finally just carried it. I was so wore out when we finished as I had a 2 hand death grip on the sucker all day. Me & the scorer I was with, (BJ) both had a good laugh coming up the 18th hole as I had put my hat back on & was tipping it to the crowd!!I felt important if only for a minute. I'm sure everyone else thought I was crazy.

•  

I was looking for you on the tube Sammy!!  Hope you had a blast.