Foxy Lady Presents Her New Family

Foxy Lady Presents Her New Family

•  

Our little girl, Foxy lady, has presented us with four kits this year and we finally were able to get a picture of them with mama.  About the only time to catch them out of their den (which happens to be under the cart path) was at lunch time.  Also see evidence that she is feeding them squirrels as well.   She is becoming a tourist attraction and poises for pictures and threats.  I just hope the tourists remember she is a wild animal, with babies... 

Enjoy....  Chuck  :-)

• 2828 points

That is very cool chuck.  Golf brings us various enjoyments besides our good scores.  

• 2102 points

Objects in the viewfinder may be closer than they appear, be careful.

• 4670 points

That is an amazing picture.  Thank you for sharing Chuck!

•  

Another of the amazing graces that comes from being out on a golf course....

•  

Great picture Chuck and sage advice.  I too hope people remember she is a wild animal and keen on protecting her babies.

•  

Amazing the fox chose the culvert for her den. Great shot!

• 5663 points

What a lovely moment and photo Chuck! How cool to see nature so ably supported by good conservation practices at your club.

•  

fredcloss
    Amazing the fox chose the culvert for her den. Great shot!

This is where she raises a family every year.  Under the cart path, next to the sandtrap at the 8th green.....lots of food and water.....I guess that she feels safe there....we were on the green today and she walked down the middle while one of us was chipping....what a hoot........she is becoming a little too domesticated......

•  

Very nice, Chuck... thanks!

•  

Amazing pictures, thanks for sharing

• 760 points

NIce pictures Chuck

•  

Chuck, Cool picture! I have plenty of squirrels around my house if she gets hungry.  

•  

That's awesome!  I hope people enjoy and respect her.  Great story

•  

joshgiano
    That's awesome!  I hope people enjoy and respect her.  Great story

The locals really respect and look after her, and I think she recognizes our voices.   She will walk along with you for a while, of course hoping for a threat, then she moves on. We had three inches of rain at the course last night and hoping that the kits did not drown.  Has happened in the past.