Visiting FootJoy on Wednesday

Visiting FootJoy on Wednesday

•  

I am going to visit FootJoy on Wednesday this week and want to open a thread for all of my fellow community members to post questions for the FootJoy staff.

If you have something that you want to have answered please post it here. I will ask the questions and then post the answers later this week.

Don't be shy! Let's get some interesting questions for the FJ staff!!!!

The info from my visit is posted here: http://www.footjoy.com/community/forums/t/1320.aspx

•  

I'm interested to know if FJ plans include a "full line" of apparel any time soon. I was at my local club yesterday, and they had the nice assortment of ProDry shirts, mocks, and the Titleist hats of all color. Had some shoes and rain gear as well. I'm curious about things like belts, trousers, shorts, sweaters, and the return of short sleeve mocks.

I see what Under Armour (much smaller company) and Addidas are doing in this garment space, and how particularly Addidas has driven the "performance wear" side of the business and wonder if FJ is missing some opportunities. I realize it's not a good idea to do all of the lines I mentioned, but belts seem to be an extension of the footwear like (colors, materials, etc.) and some more outerwear could come in a s well. Really like to know how the innovation growth is being thought of for the next couple seasons.

•  

I'd be most interested in finding out if FJ would expand into the compression shirt arena.  I find I wear these alot here in the midwest as I tend to start golfing in March and end in November.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing any responses you get.

•  

Tar Heel

I'm interested to know if FJ plans include a "full line" of apparel any time soon. I was at my local club yesterday, and they had the nice assortment of ProDry shirts, mocks, and the Titleist hats of all color. Had some shoes and rain gear as well. I'm curious about things like belts, trousers, shorts, sweaters, and the return of short sleeve mocks.

I see what Under Armour (much smaller company) and Addidas are doing in this garment space, and how particularly Addidas has driven the "performance wear" side of the business and wonder if FJ is missing some opportunities. I realize it's not a good idea to do all of the lines I mentioned, but belts seem to be an extension of the footwear like (colors, materials, etc.) and some more outerwear could come in a s well. Really like to know how the innovation growth is being thought of for the next couple seasons.

I agree with Tarheel spoken like someone from a state big in the textile industry

•  

I don't have any questions... but I would like to see some behind the scenes pictures if you could snap some!

•  

19, Ask if they could possibly have their reps talk up the Forum. I believe it would be a great way to promote this and get more members. It should also be able to get more gals interested.

Secondly, if you would ask them about the possibility of going into the glove market from the perspective of those with Arthritis. I firmly believe this may be an area that, with their dominance in the glove market, just might be a real winner for them.

•  

eagle3

19, Ask if they could possibly have their reps talk up the Forum. I believe it would be a great way to promote this and get more members. It should also be able to get more gals interested.

Secondly, if you would ask them about the possibility of going into the glove market from the perspective of those with Arthritis. I firmly believe this may be an area that, with their dominance in the glove market, just might be a real winner for them.

eagle ... I moved the thread, but responded to your glove question here 

Cheers, 

ML

•  

Does FJ plan on initially releasing any exotic materials to make custom Icon Shoes in the new custom portal?  I hope to have some fun materials to make up some contemporary looking shoes?

•  

Yes!  How about - when will we finally see the ICON MyJoys!  They're just teasing us!  In all seriousness though - Are they planning on getting any more stock styles out, or probably going to keep at 19 given the MyJoys options?  Also - when it hits MyJoys, will the BOA lacing be available at all?  Just on the sport pattern?

•  

I think pictures would be great...maybe you can get a few and post them 19

• 4775 points

19 - First off, that's really cool that you get to visit FJ, i'm jealous.  I am very interested in MyJoy belts.  With all the pending ICON MyJoy patterns and colors that are ggoing to be available, I think an exact matching belt would be neat. 

•  

Behind the scenes is a great idea Kelly. I'm all for it if possible.

•  

I will ask about photos and take some if it is ok with FJ. I don't know the policy about taking pictures in the facility.

•  

Mondo

I'd be most interested in finding out if FJ would expand into the compression shirt arena.  I find I wear these alot here in the midwest as I tend to start golfing in March and end in November.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing any responses you get.

same here, any in the works?

•  

It was a GREAT visit. What a great bunch of people at FJ. I am collecting my notes and photos and will start a new topic when I am finished.

I think that you will all be very happy with what FJ has plans for!