FJ at The Masters

FJ at The Masters

• 1587 points

One thing that most of the other apparel manufacturers do that FJ does not is to come out with special apparel collections for the major championships and post photos and advertisements for these special collections and make them available through online retailers.  I know FJ has the MyJoys that can be ordered with limited edition green leathers, but it  would be nice to see something similar for the FJ apparel line, not just shoes.  

•  

FJ is fairly new to the fashion collection side of retail, thought they have had basics for years.

•  

It would be cool is FJ would do the "scripting" like other mfgs.  I get they don't tell Strick or others what to wear but maybe ask "Hey Savage.... err.... What you wearing in Georgia?"  Then post it.

I think it'd be cool to see it.... even if it's after the fact I would think it would drive some interest.

•  

Foot Joy is special every week, while the others may be special for one week.

• 2102 points

FJ apparel doesn't need marketing to move their goods.

• 2089 points

NCBob
    Foot Joy is special every week, while the others may be special for one week.

Yea, no need to release a "Steve Stricker First Major" line just for a gimmick.    I wonder if swoosh is offering any refunds on the TW first major apparel line?

•  

Are you suggesting with the logo or just a master's inspired line?

•  

I think it would be cool to have a FJ shirt in "Masters" green with yellow stitching.

• 1587 points

My thought was just a Masters inspired line.

•  

I think a Masters inspired line would be cool.  Even if it was a white shirt with green FJ on the collar and maybe some other green accents.  Something subtle but noticeable.

• 1735 points

I like the green and yellow idea for a shirt and maybe a wind shirt/jacket.  But I can do with a nice all green FJ shirt and maybe some nice yellow shorts to go along with it.  

•  

Well FJ does have a green shirt in their Essentials line up. And the Nassau collection has yellow shorts. That means they do in fact have some Masters stuff, juts not marketed so brazenly as "Masters gear."

I understand the desire to replicate what others do. NC Bob says it right when he states FJ is special all year. They don't try to mimic anyone, but set their own pace and style.

And in the end, FJ is ALL ABOUT the shoes, and we have the most inspiring line of MyJoys each year. Real collectors items. Nobody does that. Nobody.

•  

I think FJ really is a "cut above' the rest and has cultivated its brand on consistent quality and design. I think they could do something special for really special stuff -- like the 25th/50th/100th anniversary of company products/lines and events.

• 3580 points

Golf guy in TX  -  Every company needs marketing but some like FJ are not as in your face about as others. While a Masters line is not a necessity it is not a bad marketing ploy IMO. I actually have seen on EBAY some FJ gear with the Masters logo on it, do not know if they are knock offs or not .