St. Andrews may admit women.

St. Andrews may admit women.

•  

The Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews, unarguably the most famous golf club of them all, is recommending that its members should admit women for a first time. -

See more at: http://www.globalgolfpost.com/blog/royal-ancient-club-moves-toward-female-membership/?utm_campaign=3-26%20reminder&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_content=R%26A%20blog#sthash.gmz22K6D.dpuf

• 1979 points

I agree,  time to take a look at that rule and make a change IMO

•  

I think it's a great idea. There's so many great women golfers, they should hold the woman's british open there.

• 2650 points

to quote Bob Dylan - "the times they are a changin"   Such changes are long overdue IMHO.  However lets see how the vote goes.  Was turned down last vote.  more clubs need to look at this type policy.  

•  

Pony
    to quote Bob Dylan - "the times they are a changin"   Such changes are long overdue IMHO.  However lets see how the vote goes.  Was turned down last vote.  more clubs need to look at this type policy.

Yeah, things really started to change in 1964 when I graduated HS and started college and Bob Dylan got a lot of peoples attention with his music...RZ was ahead of his time...it seems that the "old boy networks" of this world just refuse to catch up in the changes......bully for R&A and Augusta catching up with the rest of the world and shame of them for waiting so d**n long....

•  

Long overdue.

• 5375 points

I agree. It is long overdue. Wake up St. Andrews. Admitting women will only enhance the club experience

• 5550 points

I'm a traditionalist. I would not yield to political pressure. I doubt if the are hurting for membership, sponsorship, or anything else.

•  

After they let me in the Clubhouse last year it has been on a downward spiral ever since.

•  

bholley
    After they let me in the Clubhouse last year it has been on a downward spiral ever since.

No doubt!

•  

bholley

I knew this had something to do with the Holley and Higley trip over there.  Lets hope they did not leave any vacation mistakes that will show up in a few years.

TT

•  

OUTIGER
    bholleyAfter they let me in the Clubhouse last year it has been on a downward spiral ever since.

I knew this had something to do with the Holley and Higley trip over there.  Lets hope they did not leave any vacation mistakes that will show up in a few years.

TT

Scotland Yard has cleared the area and all incriminating evidence has been wiped clean from the scene.....

•  

OUTIGER
    bholleyAfter they let me in the Clubhouse last year it has been on a downward spiral ever since.

TT

The servers were indeed a friendly lot.

• 4499 points

I'm glad this is happening.  It was definitely due

•  

And Muirfield looks to do the same. Were Holley and Higley there, too?

golfweek.com/.../open-championship-muirfield-vote-allow-women