Ryder Cup - watch it all!

Ryder Cup - watch it all!

•  

Great news about the Ryder Cup -- it was announced today that NBC and The Golf Channel will show the September matches in their entirety.

http://www.pga.com/news/golf-buzz/new-ryder-cup-tv-deal-huge-win-fans?cid=pgacomsocial_20140325_20680444

•  

Should be awesome, even for an outsider like me !!!

•  

Cool good to hear.

When I first read this, I thought I might have to relive the last Ryder cup.  The US dominated for 2 days and then couldn't make any putts as Ian Poulter's eyes kept popping out of his head.

•  

The course is fantastic. We had the chance to play there this past summer. I was told that they are actually going to shorten it but with that they will narrow the fairways and let the rough grow up. Should be a great venue for match play!

• 5143 points

I cannot wait ot see this venue. As 19hole said, this isi a wonderful course..

•  

Chris, thanks for the great news, because I love Ryder Cup matches and will be glued to the tube.  I was introduced to RC up close at Kiawah in 1991 by being a first timer PGA volunteer.  That was The Ocean Course's first PGA event and it was a monster.  Tight fairways and high rough should be interesting and you know the greens will be a little bit faaaaaaaast.  :-)

• 1976 points

That is awesome news, looking forward to it already :)

•  

Huge money for this TV deal. But we will all benefit seeing all the matches and excitement

•  

Looks like I will be taking some time off work!

•  

Chuck, being a Ryder Cup volunteer would be awesome!

• 1764 points

Something worth watching for sure.

•  

golfchick
    Chuck, being a Ryder Cup volunteer would be awesome!

Chris, it was the ultimate experience.  All the different countries, the pageantry of the opening and closing ceremonies.  We volunteers really felt a part of the cup, because we too were dressed in red, white and blue.  I am so glad that I had the opportunity and have been volunteering for every event in the area since then.  Golf inside the ropes is a whole new world.  Chuck

•  

Chuck - What a great opportunity to be part of the Ryder Cup.  I'm sure memories you will cherish for a long time.  Glad they are expanding the coverage as this is one of the fun events to watch.  I love how the crows and other golfers really rally around their teams.

•  

I can't wait.  You can't show enough coverage of the Majors and the Ryder Cup!

• 5041 points

I like watching golf in a team format. It is interesting to see the partner selections adds a bit of intrigue.