sm5

sm5

• 5130 points

TNT009
    Nastiest wedges I've ever seen.... Rocco!

I didn't see that finish on the Vokey website ;)

•  
    Just got these beauties!

•  

Devin, very nice set up.  Enjoy them...

•  

Nice!

• 5190 points

Devin_Gmitter
    Just got these beauties!

Very nice. I am very interested in how the compare to your existing wedges.

• 5130 points

These babies generate nearly as much spin as my previous set of non-conforming Cleveland wedges.

•  

MarkWDallasTx
    Devin_GmitterJust got these beauties!

Very nice. I am very interested in how the compare to your existing wedges.

Just got back from the range and I liked what I saw. No we don't have  a range on site, I know, bummer.  

I went with different a loft different loft combination than my SM4 setup and I think my distance gapping will be much improved.  

SM4 Makeup - 52.12 56.11. 60.10

SM5 Makeup - 50-08 54.10 (bent to 55) and 60.07

The 52 never went far enough for my tastes and I do not dig like I used to so I went with the 50.08.  Plus the turf at the courses I usually play is a little different than the turf in Western Pa.  Western PA is always wet.

The 56.11 again, was just a little short for how I try to map my way around the course.

The 60.10 had to go because I was never fully comfortable with that much bounce on my 60.

One of the main differences is spin performance from the rough so I cannot speak to that at the moment, but am playing Bethpage Black this weekend so I should have a full report soon.  Not many holes with wedges into the greens though :-).

•  

Pretty sweet set up DG.  My current is 50 spin milled, 56K (bent to 55), and 60M  from TVD line.

Recently demoed the SM5's and will propably upgrade once they are available in the TVD's

TT

•  

Beautimus, Devin.....I ordered a SM5 56.10 S Grind on Friday at a Titleist Trial Event......replaced my old SM4 56.11 bent to a 55....I really like the feel of the new wedges......I seem to be hitting the ball more on line......This new babies are supposed to have 400 more rpms than the SM4s according to the Titleist rep......have fun with them....more one putts.....

•  

Actually playing after work now should have more for you in the near future.

•  

Devin, I noticed that all your wedges are S Grind.  Can you give us your reasoning?

•  

I had the M-Grinds for the past 3-4 seasons and felt these fit me better.

• 5190 points

Devin_Gmitter
    MarkWDallasTxDevin_GmitterJust got these beauties!

Very nice. I am very interested in how the compare to your existing wedges.  Just got back from the range and I liked what I saw. No we don't have  a range on site, I know, bummer.  

I went with different a loft different loft combination than my SM4 setup and I think my distance gapping will be much improved.  

SM4 Makeup - 52.12 56.11. 60.10

SM5 Makeup - 50-08 54.10 (bent to 55) and 60.07

The 52 never went far enough for my tastes and I do not dig like I used to so I went with the 50.08.  Plus the turf at the courses I usually play is a little different than the turf in Western Pa.  Western PA is always wet.

The 56.11 again, was just a little short for how I try to map my way around the course.

The 60.10 had to go because I was never fully comfortable with that much bounce on my 60.

One of the main differences is spin performance from the rough so I cannot speak to that at the moment, but am playing Bethpage Black this weekend so I should have a full report soon.  Not many holes with wedges into the greens though :-).

I think Bethpage Black will be an adequate test of your new clubs. Let us know how you like them.

• 1676 points

Looks real nice DG, can't wait to hear how you hit them around Bethpage Black.  

•  

Nice looking set Devin, play well and have a good time!