2014 Community Only : Limited Edition MyJoys Sweepstakes!

2014 Community Only : Limited Edition MyJoys Sweepstakes!

•  

putting practice, putting practice, putting practice

• 20 points

In 2014, I plan to take more lessons and get out onto the courses in early spring instead of waiting until summer.  I am also going to put in more time to my short game and likely purchase some swing technology and video taping to become more consistent.

• 153 points

More practice !

• 3 points

Receiving Chiropratic treatments, which has increased my flexibility, and improved my swing. Increasing my workouts to improve strength and durability. Also, practice, practice, practice. Thanks
    • 107 points

This winter started to lose weight, exercise and read about how to improve my transition and downswing. Have acquired a number of ideas and am anxious to begin practicing on a driving range.
    • 142 points

First I plan to fix my slice. This alone should knock off about 10 strokes from lost balls and pitching out of trouble spots. I have David Leadbetter's book "The Golf Swing" and "Cure your Slice forever" by John Huggan. I plan to read through both books multiple times and practice all the drills in the books.

Then I will also work on my putting. By cutting out 3 putts, I should be able to knock off another 5 strokes.

I think I might even be underestimating how many strokes I can save by doing this, but it should at least get me down into the 90's, if not better because it will also build confidence in my golf game. 

• 3 points

Practice all phases of game, but really concentrating on chipping and putting to lower scores and reduce handicap. Continue to play in local senior amateur tournaments to make myself focus under tournament conditions and allow myself to improve in that area as well.

• 323 points

Great looking shoes!  They will look even better on my feet!!

• 3 points

I have started taking 100 swings and 100 putts a day and working them into my daily practice

• 113 points

Short game, putting.....pretty much everything within 30 yards of the green. If I had some shoes that were green to pay homage to this area, perhaps that might help.

• 3 points

Practice, practice putting from 3' - 10'.

• 3 points

Playing better golf this year might be a mission impossible but I promise to enjoy it more this year. I will play at the appropriate tee box according to my handicap. Ready golf and not getting upset with one bad shot is a goal I can reach. Of course having the right equipment is important but I will use my head on what is available and my financial situation. Knowing that golf is just a game and enjoying it with friends is important. Hit them straights my friends. 

• 206 points

I plan on taking lessons to spot any off season bad habits I may have picked up.  I will work with our pro, have a playing lesson and video my practice session.

• 3 points

Like every hardcore weekend warrior, I start every season with trepidation, excitement and a quest for best-ever score!  To meet that goal, I was lucky enough to get a great deal on a new set of sticks.  I also finally feel I've recovered from total hip replacement (June 2012) that I can really make a move on the ball.  I make a committment to my exercise regime and even got my wife to finally pick-up the sport which really adds to my enjoyment because now I don't have feel guilty about playing golf (and having a nice cold refreshment).  The only missing for this Irishman is a sweet pair of your limited edition MyJoys! 

• 111 points

longer drives