2014 Community Only : Limited Edition MyJoys Sweepstakes!

2014 Community Only : Limited Edition MyJoys Sweepstakes!

• 3 points

For 2014 I have set a personal goal of getting from a 3.8 to scratch by 2015.  I have hired a personal trainer who specializes in golf fitness and conditioning to improve my flexibility, range of motion, and posture.  Also I have dedicated one afternoon a week for range time and one afternoon for short game work along with my ususal 1-2 rounds a week I play.   That's about all I can manage while working and having a newborn at home. But those rounds would be much better looking wearing pretty Augusta Green MyJoys. Especially on my trip to Erin Hills and Whistling Straits for a few rounds.

• 105 points

better course management off the tee to give myself a better chance for a green in regulation

• 206 points

GYN 3x per week...30 min cardio 30 min w/ trainer and play 2x per week

• 15 points

I bought a Nike golf bag, to match my Nike Irons, & then I bought a new Footjoy glove to match my new, footjoy shoes.  If this doesn't help my game out, nothing will.

• 3 points

I plan to play better golf this season by working harder to evolve my game and to lower my handicap under a 15.  I have starting working with a pro at a local golf shop (Blake Scheider / Pagoda Golf).  I plan to go to the range weekly outside of my lessons to work on my game and fully understand my clubs and how they fit within my game.  I have also been talking to B. Scheider a lot about the mental side of the game and how I approach each round hole-by-hole.  I love to play the game and it is my hope that I will learn to love playing better golf to fully appreciate the game of golf.

• 3 points

Practice my putting a lot more.

• 106 points

To get back to being a single digit handicap I've spent the winter practicing chipping trajectories and taking 100 putts per day. My 913 D2 has me covered on the tee, so we joined a club with a great junior program and par 3 course, so I can see my scores dropping already...

• 112 points

Play more Often and CONCENTRATE ON THE GAME

• 6 points

Plans for improvement this season include new clubs and anatomical club fitting. Of course physical fitness will be at the top of my 65 year old body ... the mental phase of golf improvement is of course an on going trevail.

• 2956 points

Practice, practice, practice. Already have one new pair of shoes (never, ever enough FootJoys) and will add a new Titleist 3 wood. Going to Myrtle Beach the last week of March for a tune-up. Good Luck to all and have a great golfing year!

• 344 points

After right knee surgery, I plan on short game work to lower my scores.

SMR

• 106 points

First full year of retirement...should have the time to play (and practice!) better!

• 3 points

I plan to get in better physical shape through weeky work outs , at the gym

with " Golf-type" drills and exercises.

• 25 points

It's interesting your request for entries to tell what they are doing to ready for  2014 season.

I've already began my preparation for the 2014 season.  I've purchased a new driver and fairway wood.  I've had my first leason on Monday of this week and plan to have four more leasons over the next two to three weeks.

I would love to have a new pair of FJ shoes and a glove.  That would be the frosting on the cake so to speak.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Dave Ayres

• 3 points

The most important thing to accomplish this year which will improve all the aspects of my golf experience is the same thing I always try to do each year.  HAVE FUN !!!!!!!  and count the blessings that allow me to play golf.  That philosophy extends to my play, practice, attitude and my golfing friends.  It makes for a better round and a better playing partner.