2014 Community Only : Limited Edition MyJoys Sweepstakes!

2014 Community Only : Limited Edition MyJoys Sweepstakes!

•  

With the golf season rapidly approaching; maybe wishful thinking for those up North, FJ wants to offer you a chance to lace up a pair of Limited Edition MyJoys for the start of your golf season!

Every year, golfers across country have the common goal of playing better golf! We want to know what you are going to do differently to accomplish this goal in 2014. It could be practice more, enjoying yourself a bit more on the course, more exercise, a better attitude; whatever you think will make you a better player, we want to know what it is!

How do you enter? Simply reply to this thread and tell us your plan to play better this 2014 season!

IF YOUR POST DOES NOT MATCH THIS CRITERIA IT WILL BE DELETED AND YOUR ENTRY WILL BE VOIDED.

Two winners will be randomly selected on 3/12/14 and they may choose any Augusta Inspired MyJoys golf shoe.

REMINDER : To enter you must have a community profile. If you do not have one, click here to register for the FJ Community - http://www.footjoy.com/myaccount/register.asp

Deadline for entry is 12:00 pm ET on 3/14/14.  Void where prohibited. Open to US residents 18 years or older.  For additional rules and regulations click here.

POSTS ALSO GO THROUGH A HUMAN MODERATOR, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT WHEN WAITING FOR YOUR POST TO APPEAR. 

DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THIS FORUM THREAD, YOU WILL RECEIVE HUNDREDS OF EMAILS IF YOU DO!

•  

I have already signed up for a series of short game lessons. That's where I lose the most strokes, so I'm looking forward to it!

•  

How will I play better? I've set out this year to have my wife play more rounds with me. Now that we live in SoCal, with lots of long sunny days, we're going to get out and play some rounds together. I've already picked her up some new shoes and gear, so she's ready to come out and tee it up. This will be fun and the upside for me is more time on course. Better still, we get some time out in the sunshine together having some fun.

Go play!

•  

In order to play better in 2014 the plan is to spend more time on the range and focus on those areas where I tend to give up strokes.  Fighting off the urge to go play 9 holes when I have a couple of free hours and spend that time on the range and the short game area is what I would like to do this year.

• 276 points

I plan on improving my short game.  I have set up a short game range from various distances out to 125 yards.  50 balls at each location, I have set specific range for each location.  Must average 90% or better at each location to advance to the next location.  If I fail have to start over.

•  
    I HAVE HAD A TERRIBLE TIME CHIPPING THE BALL LATELY SO I BOUGHT A ASTRO TURF PAD TO CHIP OFF OF TO MY BACK YARD GREEN, HOPING THIS WILL IMPROVE MY CHIPPING AND MY OVERALL GAME.I'LL HIT A FEW EVERY DAY. SHOULD HELP.
  •  

The plan for 2014 is as follows:

1. Spend more time practicing chipping and putting
    2. Work on my flexibility
    3. Focus on the shot at hand

•  

Playing better means eating clean, hitting the gym and grinding on the practice tee and greens! Actually scheduling and writing what I'm going to do when I practice, instead of just beating balls.For me to get wife more involved and motivated means I'm on the course more!

All of this while wearing my FJ's!

•  

PRACTICE

PRACTICE

PRACTICE

•  

What will I do differently in 2014 in order to accomplish goals that I have set for myself.

1.) Be more patient with my game.  

2.) Increase my community involvement through our newly formed local Next Tee Program

3.) Set an example of golf etiquette that my son will be able to model

4.) Work with the RIGA Burke Program to increase focus on the need for additional caddy programs.  Now that my son is 12, I think this is a perfect time for him to get more involved

5.) Spend more time on the course with my family.  Enjoying the time we all have together and get the most out of that time, learning and enjoying the game of golf

6.) Be more regimented in warming up prior to rounds

7.) Get more time in the "Shoe Box"

8.) Make it to match play for the RI State Am tournament

9.) Increase my ever-growing FJ wardrobe and footwear, starting with a brand new pair of Augusta limited edition pair of Icons.

10.) Check off a Bucket List item - specifically get to visit some of the FJ Community Staff at Corporate Headquarters in Acushnet MA

• 719 points

Plan to play better in 2014 by spending more time on the range mentally practicing playing different holes on my favorite course to improve accuracy, improve physical fitness by regular visits to my gym using methods laid out by Titleist Performance Institute, and playing more rounds this season. Take each game on its own merits, and not let the bad rounds from discouraging the soul. To play more rounds, wear the right gear from Footjoy from head-to-toe to be confortable on the course in any type of weather Mother Nature decides to throw at us. Play more rounds with friends, and when possible strangers to meet new golfers. Encourge more family and friends to either play more or take up the game for the sheer enjoyment of the game. Watch or take more lessons to improve weak spots in the game, and watch more golf on television to see how the pros do it.  Root for my favorite pros, and enjoy the game for what it is...sheer enjoyment.

• 1362 points

I am devoting all practice time to approach shots 90 yards and in and the putter.

• 2104 points

I'm working with a new instructor and signed up for more lessons.  Focusing more on the short game and cleaning up some bad habits in my full swing, hoping to hit more fairways and greens this year.  Also, I'm trying to work on my fitness, trying some of the TPI exercises to benefit my game.

•  

In order to better my game in 2014 my plan is as follows:

1.  Preparation:  Better preparation before each round focusing on the weaknesses of previous rounds.  Playing five days a week, I can get an idea of what my game plan should be each day.  Should I work on short game, putting or long game in warm ups?   Spending some time at the driving range and putting green on non playing days with specific goals in mind.  Ensuring that my equipment is fresh (grips changed when needed, lofts and lies check periodically, grooves cleaned at all times, etc., good maintenance of equipment).

2.  Mentation:  Do not think so much on the course.  When addressing the ball, know the yardage and the club.   Followup to preparation.  

3.  Execution:  Believe in my ability to strike the ball and hit it.  If I have prepared properly, placed the mental side on hold, and just outright execute the shot, the end result should be a good shot.  As our master instructor says, Chuck just quit thinking about he shot and hit the ball. 

4.  Etiquette:  Be mindful of others on the course and be respectful of their game.  Watch my actions and movements and not hinder the pace of play.  These actions can be disruptive to everyone and effective the way I play and the way my group plays.  Golf is to be respected and you should enjoy it.  When I enjoy it I play well.  

5.  Plysically Fit:  At certain ages it is important that I have the stamina to play the game.   At 68 I walk and plan on continuing to do so.  I plan on having the proper fitting shoes (FJ of course), proper fitting and types of clothing for all types of weather (FJ of course)....carry weather gear regardless because summer showers pop up and this effects my game.....I plan on having the proper lotions (bug 25 deet, 30SPF), extra gloves, extra balls, rain gloves, rain hat, water, with energy  powder mixers, towels, shoelaces, nabs, nailclippers, knife, first aid kit, and yes I will carry all this in my Titleist cart bag.....again preparation...I want to enjoy the game and not want to think about anything except having fun and playing a good round.....I will to do these little things because they will only help my game and I will do anything to help my game.....

My ultimate goal this year is to get my current handicap from a 10 to an 8......If I focus and do the above I can accomplish this goal......I have a strong support group and that encourages one another to play well and I believe in playing with better players, because you are never to old to learn.  Additionally,  I can learn alot from the FJC family and through this knowledge pick up things n 2014 that will help me meets my goal.

Respectfully,   

Chuck :-)

P.S.  My High School 50th Class Reunion...July 2014... Knoxville, TN....school colors (Green and White)......Might mighty Green Hornets  .

•  

Going to try to implement several fundamentals from Michael Breed to get more consistent!

Thanks for the opportunity