In order to better my game in 2014 my plan is as follows:
1. Preparation: Better preparation before each round focusing on the weaknesses of previous rounds. Playing five days a week, I can get an idea of what my game plan should be each day. Should I work on short game, putting or long game in warm ups? Spending some time at the driving range and putting green on non playing days with specific goals in mind. Ensuring that my equipment is fresh (grips changed when needed, lofts and lies check periodically, grooves cleaned at all times, etc., good maintenance of equipment).
2. Mentation: Do not think so much on the course. When addressing the ball, know the yardage and the club. Followup to preparation.
3. Execution: Believe in my ability to strike the ball and hit it. If I have prepared properly, placed the mental side on hold, and just outright execute the shot, the end result should be a good shot. As our master instructor says, Chuck just quit thinking about he shot and hit the ball.
4. Etiquette: Be mindful of others on the course and be respectful of their game. Watch my actions and movements and not hinder the pace of play. These actions can be disruptive to everyone and effective the way I play and the way my group plays. Golf is to be respected and you should enjoy it. When I enjoy it I play well.
5. Plysically Fit: At certain ages it is important that I have the stamina to play the game. At 68 I walk and plan on continuing to do so. I plan on having the proper fitting shoes (FJ of course), proper fitting and types of clothing for all types of weather (FJ of course)....carry weather gear regardless because summer showers pop up and this effects my game.....I plan on having the proper lotions (bug 25 deet, 30SPF), extra gloves, extra balls, rain gloves, rain hat, water, with energy powder mixers, towels, shoelaces, nabs, nailclippers, knife, first aid kit, and yes I will carry all this in my Titleist cart bag.....again preparation...I want to enjoy the game and not want to think about anything except having fun and playing a good round.....I will to do these little things because they will only help my game and I will do anything to help my game.....
My ultimate goal this year is to get my current handicap from a 10 to an 8......If I focus and do the above I can accomplish this goal......I have a strong support group and that encourages one another to play well and I believe in playing with better players, because you are never to old to learn. Additionally, I can learn alot from the FJC family and through this knowledge pick up things n 2014 that will help me meets my goal.
P.S. My High School 50th Class Reunion...July 2014... Knoxville, TN....school colors (Green and White)......Might mighty Green Hornets .