TJ Oshie+Michael Breed = hockey drill

TJ Oshie+Michael Breed = hockey drill

•  

Turns out TJ Oshie is a pretty good golfer (2.4 index), and he tweeted Michael Breed for a lesson, saying he's shaped his swing with help from The Golf Fix. So for all you guys who own sticks -- Mondo, Shaun, Tyler, Brian and more -- here's a drill for you since there's still snow on the ground. Only issue I have with Oshie is his choice of footwear; at least he's playing the right ball. 

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/golf-fix-tj-oshie-golden-golf-swing/?cid=facebook_gc_v_the_golf_fix_tj_oshie_021714

•  

This is actually some great advice from Breed. Completely logical and right on.

•  

Interesting guidance and advice from Breed on this topic.  Will have to do some drills along those lines.  Perhaps it will get me out of my current swing funk.

•  

Like his use of the hockey stick to stay on plane.  Makes sense.  Have to try it with my alignment stick.  

•  

Chris,

Thank you very much for picking this out and sharing.  You know hockey runs through a few of our FJ veins.  This kid is a stud.  To go on and on for that shootout must have been a bit more pressure then trying to hit the 17th green at SawGrass.  He was very precise is selecting each shot.  Glad to see it worked out and this kid has got my attenion within the NHL for sure.

Thanks again and try and stay warm.

-Brian

•  

very good drill, and love that he is using a lefty stick backwards! Will add the one leg swing to my next practice round as falling back is an issue for me.

•  

So I watched this again..... This is one of the reasons why, when I first started playing golf, that I had a problem. Why? Because in hockey, anyone taking that long to shoot would get his face planted into the boards! Hokey players are skating AND shooting at high speeds.... None of this "quiet please" stuff during the shots....

Go Team USA!

•  

Tar Heel
    So I watched this again..... This is one of the reasons why, when I first started playing golf, that I had a problem. Why? Because in hockey, anyone taking that long to shoot would get his face planted into the boards! Hokey players are skating AND shooting at high speeds.... None of this "quiet please" stuff during the shots....

Go Team USA!

So, Randy, you mean your golf game would improve if you had crowds hollering at you and other bodies slamming into you as you play?

•  

pulplvr
    Interesting guidance and advice from Breed on this topic.  Will have to do some drills along those lines.  Perhaps it will get me out of my current swing funk.

You're swing is just fine Ted - a little more attention to the basics is all you need. Maybe shaking up things with a hockey stick is just the doctor ordered.

• 3688 points

I always love it when an instructor can relate my golf swing to some sport I've played in the past.  Even going as far as giving drills that incorporate similar motions.  Working on a hockey like swing to get on plane is a fun idea.  And ill have to keep the one legged swing in mind for when I get to the point where I'm overswinging and falling back (every summer I seem to fall into a 2-3 week rut where I do that)

•  

Tar Heel

Go Team USA!

big Game on Friday, GO CANADA GO!!

•  

when I play hockey it helps my golf game.... I don't know how but it works and thanks to this winter I played a lot of hockey so I cant wait to see my game in the spring