Would you wait in line or in your car to play a prestigious course

Would you wait in line or in your car to play a prestigious course

•  

I'm watching The Golf Channel right now and they are showing how avid golfers are willing to sleep in their car or wait in line for hours to play Bethpage Black, Torrey Pines...

Taking a survey to see how many of you would wait / sleep in your car to play a course like Bethpage Black, Torrey Pines or another public "prestigious" course

•  

I would wait in the car to play either.  Once in a lifetime experience.

•  

I would decline.  They are great courses, but unless you are a resident, Torrey isn't worth waiting all night since you still have to pay high green fees (even if I was a resident, I wouldn't wait).  I think Bethpage is more reasonable and it really isn't that difficult to get on, so I wouldn't camp out for that one either. 

Only course I could see myself camp out for is Augusta.  I'd sit in the bushes for a month to play that course.

•  

quite frankly, no!

unless i knew that i'ld be sharing the tee with tiger, arnie, jack, lee, gary...................................................

•  

Only if I had a very nice motorcoach like Davis Love III to stay in!

•  

EMKelly0106

I would decline.  They are great courses, but unless you are a resident, Torrey isn't worth waiting all night since you still have to pay high green fees (even if I was a resident, I wouldn't wait).  I think Bethpage is more reasonable and it really isn't that difficult to get on, so I wouldn't camp out for that one either. 

Only course I could see myself camp out for is Augusta.  I'd sit in the bushes for a month to play that course.

Hey kelly maybe for you the question might be "would you sneak on to play Augusta"  The answer for me is a resounding YES. I don't know about you but I would consider most any thing short of what could be considered a major felony (Just kidding everyone)

• 4775 points

I would do it once or twice.  Thise guys who do it on a regular basis, well.......no. 

•  

Camping in the car is not my idea of fun. Even though it might involve a great course like Bethpaige or Torrey  Pines. First it is not near my home, second the cost is another factor and third, all the hype really doesn't matter that much. I would rather play some of the courses closer to home.

•  

Yes and yes .And Augusta you betcha.(and yes I would sneak on) Tailgating while waiting is a great place to meet new friends,tell war stories and well............party.

•  

Definitely. I think that it adds to the experience and will certainly provide some good stories.

•  

Even though I started the post I never even answered my own question.

I think I'd want to try it once or twice...the chance to play those courses does interest me and i could see myself doing it a limited amount of times.

After once or twice, that would be enough...

•  

I waited in line for Torrey for about an hour.  I had a blast talking to the other golfers in line.  It was a neat experience.

•  

Any serious golfer would not be insulted to wait to play a desired course!   Sometimes a little time is a small price to pay for a lifetime of memories!

Especially for Augusta!

•  

I would wait an hour, but hours, no way.

•  

I would play with a stick and pine cone if it meant I could play Augusta!