FOR THEGALS-guys if you care

FOR THEGALS-guys if you care

•  

Who is going to win the NW Arkansas Tourney?? Can Michelle Wie turn things around and win one for the first time?

Or was the showing at the Solheim Cup just a flash in the pan?

•  

To be honest, I didn't even know of this tournament.  Sorry.

•  

EMKelly0106

To be honest, I didn't even know of this tournament.  Sorry.

+1

•  

Kelly, I guess the correct title of the tournament is P & G beauty NW Arkansas Championship. Happened to see it on golf channel and threw question out there to stimulate some interest among our gal members and any of the guys who were interested in commenting on MichelleWie. She had so much hype in the beginning and fizzled out. Now after her great showing in the Solheim Cup, will this be the turnaround?

•  

She will eventually win a tournament, but not this one. She did well, as did all the girls, in the Solheim Cup. I think the Solheim was just her becoming one of the girls. 

•  

I think it would be great if Wie could pull off a victory this year.

A victory with her performance at the Solheim Cup I think would get everyone off of her back and hopefully allow her to play the kind of golf everyone knows she is capable of.

•  

Hey 19th, what doees +1 mean. Or is it a little sarcasm??

•  

+1 is a shortcut to saying the same thing as the post above you or that you are quoting.  Basically saying he did not know what the tournament was.

I am not sure if Michelle wins this week, but is on the right track.  I think she is maturing as all people do once they get to College.  Also, maybe she is taking a little more control and dad is keeping is hands out of it.

• 4775 points

I think +1 means that he is in agreement with the above post.  I could be wrong though...

•  

The P&G Beauty Event was a new event several years ago, got rained down to 36 holes, then the course closed for renovation so it took a year off. Hard to build a following, though I think it will eventually. Beautiful course.

I watch all the tours on TV, wish the LPGA did a better job of marketing their events. Maybe they'll hire me as the new commish!

•  

Thanks for the +1 response. Wasn't sure of it. Checked the LPGA and Michelle tied for 27th and didn't have a very good showing. She may have a long way to go before she actually wins one.

•  

I think fairway hit the nail on the head, if you can control her parents - her father in particular - I could Wie winning a lot more on tour because after her Solheim Cup performance it appears she may actually like golfing again.

I am convinced her father completely stagnated her game and made it to a point that she did not enjoy golfing and it showed in her performances.

•  

jas904

I think +1 means that he is in agreement with the above post.  I could be wrong though...

yes, that is correct

•  

grumpy830

She will eventually win a tournament, but not this one. She did well, as did all the girls, in the Solheim Cup. I think the Solheim was just her becoming one of the girls. 

I'm with grump

•  

golfchick

The P&G Beauty Event was a new event several years ago, got rained down to 36 holes, then the course closed for renovation so it took a year off. Hard to build a following, though I think it will eventually. Beautiful course.

I watch all the tours on TV, wish the LPGA did a better job of marketing their events. Maybe they'll hire me as the new commish!

I'm sure if commissioner were an elected position, everyone at the FJC would vote for you.