Winter Golf

Winter Golf

• 447 points

Where is the best winter golf desitinations in the world?

•  

Loaded question...

Australia is great, since winter in the US is summer there. Phoenix and Palm Springs are great if you like to play in the desert climates. Florida is a totally different animal, and the grasses there can make one crazy in spite of the temps.

•  

No San Diego, Randy?

• 447 points

Brilliant.

•  

Mike_C
    No San Diego, Randy?

SD is certainly wonderful.

•  

I am guessing lovely New England doesn't qualify, but I have to say, yesterday was the 3rd round of 2014 for me.  Not too bad for our beautiful winter weather.

•  

Any of the Hawaiian island of your choice would be alright.

A year ago, we played many rounds of golf in Thailand... it's a long ride... that goes for Hawaii as well, I guess... depending on where you are flying from.

• 447 points

What's the average temp in winter?

•  

SoCal!  

•  

So Cal Everyday is playable.

•  

I believe San Diego is good anytime......I enjoyed my visit there and playing at Torry Pines........

•  

Except when it is not.

•  

Not Chicago - two years ago you could play into January. Now it has been sub-zero and snow.

Best Winter golf (National): Arizona, SoCal, South Florida

Best Winter Golf (International): Spain, Portugal, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Bahamas, Australia

•  

I can say without question that a winter destination for golf is absolutely NOT northern New England...

•  

I have to say that Hawaii is, in my opinion, one of the best winter (or anytime for that matter) golf destinations.  The temperature is always relatively consistent around 85 degrees and the only thing to worry about is some rain or wind depending upon the time of year.  Plus, there are some great courses to play out there and a variety of options and price points.  Down side, the long flight to get there from most places.  You generally have to burn a day of travel going over but at least the flight back is overnight so you don't waste a day.