Pick the Super Bowl winner

Pick the Super Bowl winner

• 4617 points

There is always lots of discussion and reasoning behind predictions of the victor in the upcoming pigskin clash, the Super Bowl. However, few prognosticators have been so eerily accurate as the gentle giant below: This resident of a Utah zoo, ironically named Eli, has chosen...the Seahawks..

Courtesy of Fox Sports:

A Utah ape that has correctly picked the Super Bowl winner for six straight years predicted Thursday that the Seattle Seahawks will be the next NFL champion.

Eli the ape ran into an enclosure Thursday morning and swiftly knocked down a papier-mache helmet bearing the Seahawks logo, signaling his pick, said Erica Hansen of Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake City.

"He made his pick without any hesitation," Hansen said.

That could mean bad news for Broncos fans. The 13-year-old primate hasn't been wrong since 2006.

Last year, Eli charged out and knocked over a papier-mache goal post decorated with the Ravens logo. Sure enough, the Ravens beat the 49ers 34-31.

Eli's pick this year drew mixed reactions from his team of zookeepers that include avid Broncos fans.

"They are hoping that this is his first wrong year," Hansen said.

After he made his prognostication, Eli was joined by his mate, Eve, and daughter, Acara, and allowed to smash, play and eat the papier-mache helmets.

Hansen said interest and excitement about Eli's Super Bowl pick has increased as his streak grows. This year, people have been asking daily when he's making his pick.

"He's better than the Vegas odds-makers," Hansen said.

•  

Bucky......

•  

Sounds like a lot of monkey business to me.....I am still going with the Broncos......  :-)

•  

And . . . the rest of the animal world weighs in on the winner. I am truly amazed that somehow I have never heard of Buffet, the Clairvoyant Manatee.

happyplace.someecards.com/.../teddy-bear-the-talking-porcupine-is-the-only-psychic-animal-you-need-to-pick-the-super-bowl-winner-this-year

•  

I think I can find a couple of fleas or cockroaches somewhere to pick the winner as well.  They have just as good a chance as the Orangutan, the porcupine, or the manatee.

•  

We are getting a little loose out here….  

• 708 points

Get ready Brady, Manning about to add #2 to the collection!!!

•  

I am watching the game and pulling for Peyton and that darn defense from Washington state is tough......could be a long night......

•  

DB9Boilers
    Get ready Brady, Manning about to add #2 to the collection!!!

You are right - #2 Super Bowl loss!   Another one for his legacy...

• 3284 points

Unbelievable blowout of the high flying Broncos.  And to think that the S'hawks were only favoured by 3 pts!

•  

Garbage!

• 2377 points

Looks like the Ape picked the winner again and his picking "without hesitation" was borne out by how dominant the seahawks were in that game.  I think the reason Denver lost was because Manning was not calling Omaha that I could hear.  

• 447 points

lol

•  

ToddL
    DB9BoilersGet ready Brady, Manning about to add #2 to the collection!!!

You are right - #2 Super Bowl loss!   Another one for his legacy...

You win, you loose.....but he will go into the Hall of Fame on the first ballot when he is eligible.....Brady has lost a few also....they both are great quarterbacks.....and they cannot wins ballgames by themselves.....it takes an entire team, no matter how good they are......