Pat Perez's new ride - better than Bubba's?

Pat Perez's new ride - better than Bubba's?

•  
    Check out this ride: 
    SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – After an opening-round 6-under 65 here in his adopted hometown, Pat Perez spoke about recent swing improvements and an increased fitness regimen and working on his anger management.

But the highlight came when he talked about his new car.

“That thing is nice,” he said with a smile. “It's a Toyota Scion iQ. And if you saw one go down the street, you would laugh.”

It’s been hard to miss to miss this week, parked in the final spot nearest the course entrance, maybe half the size of a normal car. Black and adorned with decals from Arizona State and Callaway, the car has been Perez’s mode of transport between his nearby home and the course all week.

“It's like driving a UFO,” he continued. “You cannot believe the attention that thing gets. It's  incredible. It's as long as the table. You see this thing go by, they don't know what it is. It's so cool, it's so fun to drive, especially when it's nice weather like this.

“The tail folds down, and there is a rack that was built that goes on either side. And the rack comes out, and you can put two sets of clubs on the back and you can drive it on the fairways because it's lighter than a mower.”

• 1187 points

If it only had some FJ badges I would love it.

• 4638 points

Nice.....I think....Hate to get involved in a fender bender with this go cart..There would not be much left..even a Smart cae would flatten this thing. Great mileage though...

• 1508 points

I think I am still going with the hover craft!    But pretty cool.   Could be much better if there wasn't that bad C word on the door though!

•  

The best thing about that car is the ASU Sundevil logo on the hood.  GO DEVILS!!!! Fear the Fork!

•  

He needs to take it to The Villages in Florida and compete with all the modified golf carts there.

•  

Ah yes, the toys of life....

•  

golfchick
    Check out this ride: 

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – After an opening-round 6-under 65 here in his adopted hometown, Pat Perez spoke about recent swing improvements and an increased fitness regimen and working on his anger management.

But the highlight came when he talked about his new car.

“That thing is nice,” he said with a smile. “It's a Toyota Scion iQ. And if you saw one go down the street, you would laugh.”

It’s been hard to miss to miss this week, parked in the final spot nearest the course entrance, maybe half the size of a normal car. Black and adorned with decals from Arizona State and Callaway, the car has been Perez’s mode of transport between his nearby home and the course all week.

“It's like driving a UFO,” he continued. “You cannot believe the attention that thing gets. It's  incredible. It's as long as the table. You see this thing go by, they don't know what it is. It's so cool, it's so fun to drive, especially when it's nice weather like this.

“The tail folds down, and there is a rack that was built that goes on either side. And the rack comes out, and you can put two sets of clubs on the back and you can drive it on the fairways because it's lighter than a mower.”

Now we are talking........put a white FJ logo on the front and a TT log on the side.....with red and white wheels......my Titleist bag whould look awesome in this cart.....WOW factor

•  

Hmmmm....another one of those "smart" cars? ;-) Well, if it doubles as a golf cart, you could load up at home and drive straight to the tee.

• 5331 points

Definitely would bake a fun golf cart .... especially if you ditched the cally logos... I think I would pass on driving this think on the street too much for fear of being flattened by somebody in an SUV driving and texting!

• 3700 points

I love that it doubles as a golf cart.  Good luck getting your course to believe you though!

"yeah i just got off the highway and i'd like to drive this around the course"

• 447 points

Awesome!!

•  

Bubba shouldn't be brought up on this site anymore....

•  

A VW is not my cup of tea. Now Jackie Gleason had a real golf cart.

• 783 points

That's pretty crazy!!