Snow in Atlanta

Snow in Atlanta

• 1361 points

Many of you may have already seen that the snow in the Atlanta area is pretty bad and has wreaked havoc for commuters.  Myself being one.

After 3 hours in the car I bailed at a restaurant, mainly because I desperately needed to use the restroom.  I was still 4.5 miles from home.

Thankfully, I had a few pieces of trusty FJ gear with me.  My winter beanie, wintersof gloves, and pro dry crews.  I swapped out my dress shoes for a pair of golf spikes and off I went to walk home.

A note about the shoes, I have my beloved XPS-1s, but wasn't going to risk them in a snowstorm.  

A big thank you to FJ for keeping me warm and dry on my hour and 45 minute walk.  I would have contemplated trading my first born for having my Tour rain pants with me though.

•  

Glad you had some FJ stuff in the car to help you out!

I know you swapped to golf shoes but the Professionals are great in the winter, fully waterproof for snowy cold New England!  I know several people who use the rain pants when shoveling snow.

•  

I wear my Professionals to work every day.  Great traction in the snow cover and bone dry.  

• 4110 points

Devin_Gmitter

I know you swapped to golf shoes but the Professionals are great in the winter, fully waterproof for snowy cold New England!  I know several people who use the rain pants when shoveling snow.

Wait! I no idea that FJs were Snow and Ice proof too!

• 1361 points

Seems like a pair of professionals should be my next FJ purchase.

•  

Amazing how many other uses our FJ gear has. Glad you made it home safe.

•  

I wont tell you here we only use out FJ gear for golf. No rain. No snow. No cold.....

Jeez....

• 1154 points

4.5 miles in 45 min, in snow, you're the man.

• 4617 points

It is a winter wonderland here on the Cape this morning. But that is just another day in a New Englan winter. Atlanta andsnow? Augusta and snow?? The poor azaleas!

Atlanta traffic in perfect weather is a nightmare - I cannot imagine what the scene was like for Atlantans meeting snow on the roads...Keep that waterproof FJ gear nearby!!

•  

Just saw a picture of the highways in Atlanta...looks like everyone is staying inside...they are deserted like zombieland!

• 2408 points

I live in CT so I feel your pain on the snow, its been a bit chilly here for the last week or so but it is supposed to rise to the mid 20's today.

•  

Warm and Dry - FJ Professionals

•  

Devin_Gmitter

I wear my Premiere rain pants and Dry Joys Tour jacket when shoveling.  Works great.  Warm and dry.

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    Warm and Dry - FJ Professionals

Nice pants.  FJ's?

•  

Wow.  Keep that doodie out East.

TT