Do you change your ball when the weather gets colder?

Do you change your ball when the weather gets colder?

•  

Just curious to see who switches thier ball when the weather turns colder. It is not something that I do, but would like to hear the thoughts on pros/cons.

Shaun

•  

shaun13

Just curious to see who switches thier ball when the weather turns colder. It is not something that I do, but would like to hear the thoughts on pros/cons.

Shaun

I don't switch balls - it just appears that I have when the weather gets colder.  I hate the cold weather.  Luckily, we don't get very cold temps in my area.

•  

I don't change balls.  My balls are my balls, they aren't going anywhere... (pun intended) :)

•  

I have found that I tend to lose a significant amount of distance in the cold. Of course wet fairways, howling wind, along with the pint of Jack (just kidding!) will contribute to the loss of distance. However I have found going to a lower compression ball (sometimes marketed as a ball for women) I am able to get better distance.

Although I have not tried any other women's products (not even any of my wife's undergarments) but if it can be scientifically shown to cut 3 strokes off my score she had better get a lock for her drawers (pun

•  

I don't change balls either.  I may "experiment" with other types of balls during the colder months as the golf really doesn't mean anything to me except to be out hitting it around.

I always return to my Pro V1x's

•  

No, ProV1x for me year-round.

•  

Yes, I would suggest a lower compresion ball for use in "cold" weather.

•  

In cold weather I usually use the lower compression "laddie" ball. It's probably the same as the "lady", but you don't have to hear the remarks from your playing partners.

•  

You're scaring me bholley...but I do agree with you, there is a loss of distance in the colder temperatures but I just can't seem to get away from consistently playing my Pro V's

•  

I work between a ProV1  & ProV1x. In the colder weather I use the ProV1x and keep at least one in my pocket to stay warm, using it basically off the tee. The warmer ball seems to go farther. I have tried using other balls without much success. Even lower compression balls do not go as far for me even if they are kept warm. Love those Titleists.

•  

I don't but you have me thinking maybe I should consider it.

•  

Pro V when its warm Pro V1x when its cold

•  

I don't switch personally, but have a buddy who goes to the Nike Karma (low compression) when it's colder, and I think there's a small difference, but nothing major.

•  

I use Pro-V1X in summer. Come September I change to NXT Tour.

• 1015 points

that's interesting cwaybright, why would you switch to a harder ball when the problem is that in the first place?