The BCS is finally over.....

The BCS is finally over.....

•  

I personally glad that the BCS concept is overwith and gone and that we are going to some sort of a playoff, even if it is only four teams.  This should have happened years ago.  Personally think it could have gone to eight teams, but I do not get the big bucks to make those decisions.  What is going to be interesting is if three of the top four are in the same conference.....

•  

I think once this contract is over that it has to go to 8 teams.  Will still be a nightmare to figure out which 4 teams deserve to go.  Just think about what teams you would have picked this year.

Mine would have been as follows:

• Flo St
    • Aub
    • Mich St
    • Baylor
    But everyone would have different opinions.  
    TT

• 704 points

Thank God! I hate how they have it setup right now

•  

Based on the final BCS pole which was pretty closed to the other poles showed FS, Auburn, Alabama, and Baylor.  Would the outcome have been the same.  Florida State was the only one to win a bowl game of the top four.  And congratulations on the OU win......great game by the Sooners.......Saben is loading up again next year with the Number 1 recruiting class, as usual.....Ohio State right behind and my favorite school is ranked number three, Tennessee....I think Butch just might turn things around in Knoxville......they should have left Fumer alone....he had a good team of coaches put together in Knoxville.....

• 2397 points

ChuckZ
    I personally glad that the BCS concept is overwith and gone and that we are going to some sort of a playoff, even if it is only four teams.  This should have happened years ago.  Personally think it could have gone to eight teams, but I do

not get the big bucks to make those decisions.  What is going to be interesting is if three of the top four are in the same conference.....

sorry Its not going to happen, the committee is going to give weight to winning a conference championship.  Conference runner-up i.e: playoff runner-up would be difficult to include in playoff but could happen.  Would have to be significantly ahead of the other conference champs.   At most 2 could be in but I will highly doubt that will happen.  .  Picking a "third conference team", a team that did not even make a conference playoff and did not play is a highly suspect pick over a conference champ from one of the other top conferences.

• 1141 points

They are putting a lot of weight on being a conference champion when this playoff starts.  And strength of schedule will be a huge part as well.  Why do you think all the top teams are starting to schedule each other again.  This first year will set the tone for how they pick teams, so I am sure it will come down to percentage points on who makes it and who is left out.  

• 4203 points

Could the teams at least cover the spread once in a while..Dang it. lost half of my pool finished out of the money.

• 3718 points

I like that the BCS is out.  But I don't know that I'm entirely enamored with the new playoff system is out.  It's one of those things that you can't judge until a number of years have passed.

•  

The only adjustment I would make is that the televise the game earlier for those of us on the east coast time!!

•  

I watched the game here on the west coast and was a bit shocked at how late things ran Chris. While I lived back east it never dawned on me. But things were still going on strong at 10:00 PST on television, so I know east coasters hit the off button.

As for the new system.... I just love the college hoop system, where the top teams have a playoff and winner takes all. I'm sure there is a way to come up with the football version, just that the bowl committees would loose some oomph ($$). And that is really the issue.

•  

I will miss the BCS. I enjoyed the arguments more than the games.

•  

Chris92009
    The only adjustment I would make is that the televise the game earlier for those of us on the east coast time!!

Agreed!  Same with World Series games, Final Four, and just about any other big game.  The only one that gets it right is the Super Bowl.  And even with that, I'd prefer to see it on a Saturday.

•  

Not a BCS fan at all.  I can't stand human polls and the BCS was 2/3 human poll.  As long as you are determining who gets to play for a championship by voting, you will always have people upset.

•  

bholley
    I will miss the BCS. I enjoyed the arguments more than the games.

#shocker

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    bholleyI will miss the BCS. I enjoyed the arguments more than the games.#shocker

Guilty :=)