Tacky is as tacky does

Tacky is as tacky does

•  

Another PGA show preview. Awful. And the story says the guy who came up with this is a former professional golfer. I'd say this is Strike 2. 

http://www.thegolfwire.com/stories/307710

• 4131 points

As tasteless as the product line is, I am sure you will see it on the streets.

• 688 points

Wow. Dislike. Not for my taste or money. I won't be a customer.

•  

Interesting...I am amazed who buys this stuff!

•  

See how long that this will last.....went to the site out of curiousty........I think the beer mug with the Tee on it might have been the beginning of this venture......with all due respect, wish him well, but I have my doubts.......the pet rock sold.....hope you are having fun and staying warm.......

•  

The next "big thing" is waiting right around the corner.....

•  

Some of the things around the corner need to be in a trash can.

TT

• 5298 points

It's amazing what people will market out there.  I hate to believe it, but somebody must be buying this stuff.

•  

Their website has some interesting ideas, but nothing really outstanding or that isn't available in another configuration.

• 1376 points

I'm more worried that my boys will think these constitute "cool" father's day gifts.

• 3688 points

You can bet he'll probably do fairly well.  Such is the way.  If it's not for you or me, it'll be for someone else.  To each their own.  

•  

Chris, Happy New Year to you and your family.  Thanks for sharing....I think.  Oh boy is this a bunch of rubbish as it would be reffered to my Martin Hall would say.   Really who would buy this stuff.....?

•  

Novelty items, the bane of every true golfer.  

•  

No worries, it's just a bull heard crossing a river. . . pollutants will travel down as the pure source of clean water washes 'em away.

• 4617 points

Barrier to entry into the golf apparel biz? Nada, zilch..Slap some half-baked logo ideas onto a bunch of shirts, build a web site and bingo! You are in business! If the entrepreneur has $2000 in this concept, I'd be surprised. With capital investment low, you can just toss the ideas up against the wall and see what works..What does it cost to set up a booth, a minor leagues booth, at the PGA show?