2013 - 2014 BackYard Skating Rink

2013 - 2014 BackYard Skating Rink

•  

Attached are a couple pics of my backyard rink.  This is my 6th year setting this up and it just keeps getting bigger year by year. 

My oldest is the hockey nut in the family and I just can't get him off the rink.  Last night he had someone with a close eye watching to ensure he was doing ok.

Happy New Years to all FJA's and community members!

-Brian

For some reason, I am only able to upload one pic.  Not sure why.

• 4617 points

Channeling Ray Bourque!

•  

BRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Looks very cold.  Then you have green grass.

Let's hope for no injuries.

TT

• 505 points

That is a beautiful thing. I remember growing up playing a lot of Pond Hockey. The Northeast Winter puts a damper in Golf, but not in Hockey :-)

•  

Daytime view into the backyard.  The rink is 68' x 48'.

•  

Nice size rink BB...have a great new year....don't forget to contact me if you come out this way....

• 3688 points

Wow - very awesome BB.  Thats a great thing for the kid.  

•  

Beautiful security guard.....I grew up on a farm in the foothills of East Tennessee, where we had a couple of natural ponds which we played on when the temps got down real low and they froze over.....had a blast as a kid.....fell in a couple of times also......hockey was not our thing, but having fun was......cool rink.....

•  

I most certainly will.  I hope you and your family had a great Christmas.  I will be watching for you tomorrow.  The rink is open if you make it out this way before the ice melts.

•  

Nice rink you have there BostonBuzza.

•  

You may be shoveling snow off that thing.  Great Dad to do that for the kids.  Enjoy the fun.

•  

Nice Brian - when is the FJA Winter Skate?  We can be over in 15 minutes...

• 3293 points

Great looking rink! I'm sure the family is enjoying it.

•  

Built in ramp on the side for the snow blower.  I have shoveled in the past, but I am just too old to keep up.  The kids love it.  I can't get them off the rink.  Like having a built in sitter with no voices, just views.

•  

Todd, you are more than welcome to come over.  Plenty of room for the FJA's any time....open door for all of you.