2014 New Years Resolutions or Not

2014 New Years Resolutions or Not

•  

The New Year is only a few days away and some folks believe in making resolutions each year.   Do you make them?  For 2104,  I will make the same two I always make.  #1:  Make at least one person smile everyday.  #2: Don't make any other resolutions, because you know you will not keep them.....keeping on smiling and let's have a grand FJ 2014...chuck :-)  

• 4650 points

Be a better father, more attentive and forgiving. And like Chuck, I believe the path to opening the happiest of souls is through a smile...To be more humble and remember the two words that bring more harmony to my marriage: "Yes Dear."

• 1362 points

Hey Chuck, mind if I borrow number 1 of your 2 resolutions? Sounds perfect to me.

• 4203 points

ChuckZ
    The New Year is only a few days away and some folks believe in making resolutions each year.   Do you make them?  For 2104,  I will make the same two I always make.  #1:  Make at least one person smile everyday.  #2: Don't make any other resolutions, because you know you will not keep them.....keeping on smiling and let's have a grand FJ 2014...chuck :-)

I generally make a few to have something to look forward to breaking.

• 5855 points

ChuckZ
     #1:  Make at least one person smile everyday.  #2: Don't make any other resolutions, because you know you will not keep them.....

I like your ideas for resolutions.  These are the types of resolutions I could actually keep and feel good about!

•  

Those are nice, Chuck!

You made me one of first few on your #1... and it's not even the beginning of the year yet.

I don't do New Years' resolutions anymore as I've broke them all (I think), but they are all good things as many of them I've heard from friends are all good intentions.

Anyway, I just make them year round as I encounter what I need or need not do- it's more effective that way for me.

• 2441 points

Just to be the best Dad and Husband I can be, something I remind myself to work at thru out the year .

•  

Well of course there are the perenial's - lose some weight and get in better shape - practice/play some more golf - so think I'll stick with those again and this year add - acquire some more fantastic FJ gear - and just evaluate at the end of 2014 whether I managed to keep to them or crashed and burned yet again.

•  

I've not made a big deal of New Year's resolutions over the years.  I simply give myself some attainable goals for the year and go from there.

•  

I always make a simple one.  

Keep getting older.

TT

•  

Getting older is not a resolution, they will happen, regardless.......my wife has anniversaries of her birthdays and she even has me confused on her actual age.....all I know is 29 and counting......my grandfather always told me that you are as old as you feel and he lived to be 96 years young.......  :-)

•  

I always try to make very challenging resolutions.  I don't see the point in having easy ones.  Even if you don't succeed, I think it's better to strive to accomplish something difficult.  Last year I missed on 4 out of 6, but I feel I was a better person than if I hadn't even tried.

•  

As far as golf goes, my resolutions this year are to not hit so many trees (usually right of the fairway) and don't put so many balls in the water.  I guess that means that I will be breaking my resolutions again LOL!

• 1141 points

Mine is to make it to 2015, and maybe even take a vacation this year.

• 3718 points

I don't generally make resolutions.

I try to do something every year though.  Normally I want to be healthier (and I'm usually mildly successful).  This year I'm hoping to find some of that consistency in my golf game and to make some changes in my job situation.

We'll see if either happens :)