Has anyone else experienced this?

Has anyone else experienced this?

• 4131 points

I was out doing some last minute Christmas shopping yesterday. I was wearing my lucky golf hat.

Several men struck up conversations about their golf games as we waited in stupidly long lines. Different stores different guys....same 300 yard drive. Am I the only golfer that doesn't hit in 300 yards down the middle of the fairway?

•  

Yes.

• 989 points

I also heard talk about the 175 to 185 yd 7 irons. Winter really brings out the TALK

•  

You mean everyone else doesn't hit it 300+ ???

It's easy to talk a good game, but showing it is a different thing.  Just ask Rick, length isn't everything.

TT

•  

I just laugh it off and chalk it up to passing time!

•  

I look at it like fishing and hunting stories.  That fish I caught last week was at least 2 feet long...

• 1146 points

That's one of the great things about this game of ours. You'll never walk alone when you play golf...or at least stand alone in line at the shopping mall.

• 4617 points

No doubt about it - EVERYONE hits it 300 off of the tee, feathers a soft six iron form 185 into the front hole location right next to the pond...at the bar,,,

•  

lm14134
    I also heard talk about the 175 to 185 yd 7 irons. Winter really brings out the TALK

175 is about a standard 7 :-)

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    lm14134I also heard talk about the 175 to 185 yd 7 irons. Winter really brings out the TALK 175 is about a standard 7 :-)

Dead on yardage for my 7 is 175 & 6 is 185     :)

Happy Holidays

TT

• 1132 points

I can hit my 7 iron that far, but I might not hit it towards my intended target.  Losing yardage in my middle old age.  Not as gorilla strong as my brother.

•  

Geezzzzzzz, I can hit my 5 wood 175!

• 4617 points

What are the lofts of your 6 and 7 irons? Not sure how far Jack Nicklaus hit his 7 iron in his prime, but I will bet his club head speed was significant (better than most players) and he didn't hit his 7 iron 175...Jacked up ;lofts and, of course, new golf balls are "livelier" than the Titleists of the 1970s/early 80s...

• 3539 points

My average drive is 285 and it's amazing how often I out drive the guys who claim to have 300+ yard averages. I've played with plenty of guys who hit it a long way (actual 300 +) but, most of them don't brag about it, they just go out and hit it a mile.  

•  

Everyone on TT has a 400 mph swing speed and cranks their 3 wood 315 off the deck unless the catch it "flush"- then it's about 330 with a baby draw.

In all seriousness I have a Titleist messenger bag that I carry in the airport, and I get into golf talk all the time.  Sometimes is really amusing to hear the "talk", but sometimes you get connected with people who actually know what they're doing.  My Masters hat brings it out too