Woman Bitten by Water Moccasin in Naples

Woman Bitten by Water Moccasin in Naples

• 1146 points

Did you guys see this? A spectator at the Franklin Templeton Shootout in Naples was bitten by a water moccasin. She said she felt something bite her and when she looked down she saw the snake coiled up. Apparently, it was a "dry bite" and no venom was released. How bizarre is that?

www.nbcmiami.com/.../Woman-Bitten-by-Snake-on-Naples-Golf-Course-235994941.html

•  

This is not a snake you want to mess with.....cottonmouths are very agressive and will attack...........she is one very lucky lady.....I am suprised that she did not see it....must have been sunning on a warm cart path or walk area......

•  

thats kinda scary....wonder how quick till she sues Greg Norman or Franklin Templeton

• 2397 points

very scary- Not something I think of when playing Fl courses - gators more so.  In Az its rattlers now have to be more careful when looking for balls in Florida as well.  

• 704 points

that's a big fear of mine, not a big fan of the snakes haha!

• 1146 points

Mondo
    thats kinda scary....wonder how quick till she sues Greg Norman or Franklin Templeton

I wonder how quickly Norman, Franklin Templeton, and Tiburon will offer a monetary settlement. I'm sure they paid the hospital bills.

• 1146 points

Pony
    very scary- Not something I think of when playing Fl courses - gators more so.  In Az its rattlers now have to be more careful when looking for balls in Florida as well.

Have you ever seen those red fire ants they have in Florida? Man, they pack a serious bite. For that matter, the insects period!

• 1146 points

Redskins87
    that's a big fear of mine, not a big fan of the snakes haha!

I played Old Hickory (Lorton, VA) earlier this year and a huge black snake came slithering across the green as we were trying to putt. Nothing nice!

• 4647 points

ChuckZ
    This is not a snake you want to mess with.....cottonmouths are very agressive and will attack...........she is one very lucky lady.....I am suprised that she did not see it....must have been sunning on a warm cart path or walk area......

And as you know Chuck, the Eastern diamondback rattler is also a resident of the South Carolina shores...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/81/Crotalus_adamanteus_CDC-2.png

• 3539 points

I've seen a bunch of snakes while playing golf and I try to be careful and watch out for them but, I've had a few close calls.