•  

Mike

This was a quick response to my problem. Today I had to log in, but I'm sure, now that my cookies are enabled, next time I won't have to. Again thanks for getting on that.

•  

Mike Lowe

Quick update on this one ...

We have enabled what's called a 'persistent cookie' for the FJ Community login, should help a lot.  Here's are the nerdy details...

"A cookie is a small piece of text stored on a user's computer by a web browser.  It will remain remain on your hard drive until you erase it."

A persistent cookie enables us to remember you on subsequent visits, speeding up/ enhancing your Community experience.

If you are someone who regularly clears your internet cache and deletes cookies, you will have to log in after you do that, but otherwise you should remain logged in.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

ML

Mike, I should have waited before my last post on this topic. Each day I still have to log on to enter the site. I have a Mac, could that have anything to do with it? 

•  

Should matter, I'm using a Mac as well.  What browser are you using ... Safari / Firefox?  Also what version of that browser?

ML

•  

I have to log in each morning which doesn't bother me, but I stay logged in throughout the day.  The update is working well as far as I can see!

•  

Did someone mention a cookie? I want my cookie please, chocolate chip please....

Seriously, Mike has been on the spot with answers to questions and input. Thanks so much Mike. You really make this experience top notch!

•  

Hi everyone.  

This was my fault.  I misunderstood the developer information I was given.  There is a persistent cookie, but it is timed out after 24 hours.  The reason we did not make it an untimed cookie is for some reason you log in from a public terminal/machine and walk away without logging out ... no one could jump on and post "as  you".  Not likely, but you never know.

We are looking into adding "remember me" or "stay logged in for x weeks" functionality, so at least you will have control over the period of time/ security.  Stay tuned for that.

ML

•  

I like the direction the log in situation is going.  Personally, I don't mind having to log in the morning/ once a day, keeps my password fresh.

•  

Mike Lowe

We have enabled what's called a 'persistent cookie' for the FJ Community login, should help a lot.  Here's are the nerdy details...

"A cookie is a small piece of text stored on a user's computer by a web browser.  It will remain remain on your hard drive until you erase it."

A persistent cookie enables us to remember you on subsequent visits, speeding up/ enhancing your Community experience.

If you are someone who regularly clears your internet cache and deletes cookies, you will have to log in after you do that, but otherwise you should remain logged in.

Regards,

ML

Mike Lowe

Regards,

ML

Mike Lowe

Regards,

ML

Mike, thanks for looking out for us. I like the idea of the 24 hour cutoff. It assures ones privacy. The newer system of keeping all of us logged in for the day makes us that are lazy, grateful.

Tanks again, Eagle3

•  

THANKS, Mike. I never tried to log in more then once a day. I just tried it and it worked. Again thanks