•  

Every time I come on to the site I have to login. Is there a shortcut to get into the site. Also today while reading posts, my username and profile in the upper right hand corner disappeared and I had to log on again. Has anyone else had this problem?

•  

grumpy830

Every time I come on to the site I have to login. Is there a shortcut to get into the site. Also today while reading posts, my username and profile in the upper right hand corner disappeared and I had to log on again. Has anyone else had this problem?

grumpy --

Thanks for the comment.  We will look into this.

Regards,

ML

•  

I think logging in is just a part of the procedure to keep others from using or misusing your name. I had posted this question on another website and received the answer that I noted above.

As to losing the info in the upper right hand corner, No. Is it possible that in typing something that you inadvertently hit a key that just might have done this?? That is about the only reason I can think of.

•  

I do have the same issues.  Sometimes I have to log in after posting or re-log in after I have been perusing the site for awhile. 

It doesn't bother me too much, but it would be nice to have a way to "remember me" even if it's just for the day.  Like sign in every morning and be able to leave and come back and still be signed in.

But you are not alone grumpy.

•  

Not to my knowledge although my computer asks whether I want my password saved for this sight, if yours does the same maybe that will save you some log in time.

•  

EMKelly0106

I do have the same issues.  Sometimes I have to log in after posting or re-log in after I have been perusing the site for awhile. 

It doesn't bother me too much, but it would be nice to have a way to "remember me" even if it's just for the day.  Like sign in every morning and be able to leave and come back and still be signed in.

But you are not alone grumpy.

happens to me also, would be great if the site had a "remeber me" function to make it a little faster process.

•  

Thanks everyone.  We are looking into the log out issue and some "Remember Me" functionality for a future release.

ML

•  

Thanks... Sorry to make more work for you guys.  We are just trying to promote our own laziness!

•  

EMKelly0106

Thanks... Sorry to make more work for you guys.  We are just trying to promote our own laziness!

One of our group has been retired for the past 15 years. One day when asked if being retired ever got boring he replied "not if you are naturally lazy to begin with"

•  

Thanks Mike, a remember me function would be great. I use AutoHotKey and have one setup for login to the site. It is a free utility that can be had from the web.

•  

In all fairness to the FJ guys, the community is still in a "Beta" state, so I'm sure all of the technical feedback is appreciated by the staff.  Site improvements are only possible through testing and use.

•  

memphisunited

In all fairness to the FJ guys, the community is still in a "Beta" state, so I'm sure all of the technical feedback is appreciated by the staff.  Site improvements are only possible through testing and use.

Well said Memphis.  That "BETA" tag gives us some leeway in the beginning =)  I goof to my friends at Google that the BETA tag remained on Gmail for over two years!  

There's two things at work here, one's definitely a bug, the other was a great upgrade idea.  We'll make sure to try and take care of them both.  Keep the comments/ideas coming.

Regards,

ML

•  

I don't mind the login, otherwise someone might get to me ambassador status while I'm at work lol.

•  

Quick update on this one ...

We have enabled what's called a 'persistent cookie' for the FJ Community login, should help a lot.  Here's are the nerdy details...

"A cookie is a small piece of text stored on a user's computer by a web browser.  It will remain remain on your hard drive until you erase it."

A persistent cookie enables us to remember you on subsequent visits, speeding up/ enhancing your Community experience.

If you are someone who regularly clears your internet cache and deletes cookies, you will have to log in after you do that, but otherwise you should remain logged in.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

ML

•  

ML,

Thanks for the quick fix!  I will let you know how it works and I appreciate all your hard work.