BCS Championship

BCS Championship

• 2441 points

Good match up..... FSU will be tough to beat, have to give Dufners boy's credit. They had a couple  miracle finishes along the way but they can really run the ball. FSU is a more well rounded team. Gonna take the over whatever it is.

• 4650 points

After Auburn's crazy victory over Alabama, sentiment will favor the Tigers. Now, reality of the FSU juggernaut may derail that *** tale, but you never know....

• 4203 points

I like Auburn's smash mouth run game. I don't think the Tiger's can handle the FSU Air assault though.

•  

Am a SEC charter member and diehard and will have to go with the team of destiny........looking back to 1998 Tennessee vs FSU.......have to go again with the SEC and Auburn on this one.......Auburn may have trouble with the tall receivers, but for some strange reason this year, they find a way to win.....WAR EAGLE......and that is tough for a Tennessee fan to say.......

•  

I like the SEC from my days of having season tickets to the Florida Gators, but I have to say that FSU is the best team around this year.

• 704 points

FSU wins it all this year

• 4650 points

ChuckZ
    Am a SEC charter member and diehard and will have to go with the team of destiny........looking back to 1998 Tennessee vs FSU.......have to go again with the SEC and Auburn on this one.......Auburn may have trouble with the tall receivers, but for some strange reason this year, they find a way to win.....WAR EAGLE......and that is tough for a Tennessee fan to say.......

Not sure where I came up with Tigers as the Auburn mascot...I live waaay far north of the Mason Dixon line, never mind the hallowed grounds of Auburn U....No harm intended...just a wee bit of Yankee...error...

• 1198 points

The official site of Auburntigers.com. That being said I think Lou Holtz put it best when he said FSU by any other name wold be a SEC team the way it's built.

• 1146 points

ChuckZ

I knew you were a good guy Chuck but the fact that you're a Vols fan just solidifies it. I too am sticking with the SEC. I watched the SEC championship game on Saturday and it's on again now and I'm watching it again...along with the final few holes of Zach's win over TW.

•  

Tigers are the Auburn mascot. They are a little confused. "War Eagle" is their battle cry. No one has ever heard a Tiger screech like an eagle, so they brought in the really cool eagle, Aubie, who drops in at halftime, as a bonus.

•  

Pete:  They have two mascots.....They are offically the Auburn tigers and have an Eagle that flies in at game time......sort of a tradition......Can be confusing outside the league.........There are three Tiger teams in the SEC:  Auburn, LSU, and our newest addition Missouri, who was added with Texas A&M Aggies two seasons ago......TN beat FSU for the National Championship in 1998 the year after Payton Manning graduated......TN had a similar year with a few of those lucky wins as well......

•  

Should be an interesting game, either way.  Both teams have overcome some interesting situations to get to this point.  Now they've got a few weeks to heal, plan, and prepare.  The real question is which team can keep their sharpness that long.

•  

Well put, Chris......better than my explanation.......too things they hate in the SEC......that War Eagle cry and Rocky Top and RT did not play a lot this year.......

•  

The War Eagle was introduced in 1892, named Anve.  Nice legend. A Confederate soldier was the lone survivor of the Battle of the Wilderness. As he was headed home he came across an injured Golden Eagle.  This soldier nursed the Eagle backed to health.  The soldier had been an Auburn student and later became a teacher at Auburn and being an avid football fan the War Eagle became a side show for the Tigers.  All that said and done I like Florida State to win but will root for Auburn because I really don't like the FSU quarterback who should be in jail instead of playing football.

• 4650 points

Er, Eagle, smeagle..The TIGERS/WAR EAGLES of Auburn have put on some entertaining games this year. My school, University of Massachusetts bowed to political pressure and changed their mascot name from "Redmen" to "Mintemen" a few years ago. Didn't bother me in the least though I know folks advocating that the Washington pro football team changed their name are receiving a cold shoulder from the owner of the team...

As for FSU, they continue in a fine tradition of schooling talented, but troubled individuals who can play football..Muddying the reputation of what is a very good academic institution.