What Do You Carry in Your Golf Bag?

What Do You Carry in Your Golf Bag?

• 1146 points

I was cleaning out my golf bag after a long season and came across all kinds of stuff...gum wrappers, old cigar tubes, matches, money, and a lot of scorecards...some I'd like to forget. I mostly walk with a pull cart when I play but occasionally ride. This year I got a light cart bag with a putter tube, and i love it but I seem to cram all kinds of stuff in there.

What kind of bag do you guys carry and what do you carry in your bags?

•  

Don't really keep much in my bag - other than my clubs I have my golf balls , glove & sky caddie in the side pocket. That's it, like to keep it simple :-)

• 4638 points

Most interesting find my golf bag? Well, I was looking for a particular golf shirt, a white FJ that I realized I hadn't seen in my closet. After tearing apart the house, garage, car, I gave up the search and the golf season ended. The bag went into the basement for the winter and that was that or so I thought. Come spring and a new golf season, I hauled out my bag and preparing for a round, opened a storage compartment and found, you guessed it, the white FJ shirt! The short was about as moldy and mildewed as a short could be - instead of white in color it was various shades of grey, black and Lord knows what - really disgusting!

I had played a round in a particularly hot and humid day the prior season. Prepping for the round, I added a spare shirt to the bag thinking it could be awfully sticky. At the end of the round, I stripped off the soaked FJ shirt and tossed it in a plastic bag and into my golf bag, and put on a dry shirt for the drive home. Promptly forgot about the FY shirt!

BTW, I resurrected the FJ shirt following a cleaning regimen that included automatic dish washing detergent, hot water, bleach, and lots of soaking and washes.. All of the crud and stains actually came out..well most of them anyway...I now have a FJ shrt yard work shirt that I proudly wear..!!

•  

I have two golf bags.  A Titleist 4 lb carry bag that I use for trips that has enough room for rain gear, mitt gloves, balls and tees, bushnell range finder, golf gloves, snacks, rules book and has enough room to take off a layer.  It fits nicely in the back of my SUV when we travel with the luggage.  The other bag is a Titlest cart bag and it has basically the same items and I normally put this bag on my clicgear pushcart when playing intown.  My shoulders are to messed up to carry a bag any longer.  I try to keep these bags to necessary items.  Of course sun screen and bug spray are a necessity in SC.  

•  

A CART BAG (COBRA,ACUSHNET) WITH WAY TOO MUCH JUNK IN IT. YOU JUST REMINDED ME TO GO CLEAN IT OUT.

THANX

•  

In my Cleveland golf staff bag I carry my rain suit, the golf tees, balls, gloves and pivot tools, range finder, sharpies, line maker, towels, line up sticks and clubs. However in my ping stand bag I just carry my clubs, towels, balls glove and tees because I want to make it the lightest I can

• 1181 points

Ibuprofen and sting relief swabs are a must in my bag.

• 2947 points

Titleist stand bag for walking (about 65% of the time) and a Bag Boy cart bag for riding. Both have too much stuff, but mostly extra balls and tees. Also have ball markers, divot repair tools, sun screen, Titleist wrench for 910 driver, score cards, Tums, and miscellaneous.

•  

Doug, don't holler bro. LOL  Other than the necessities I have a rain suit, winter gloves, sweat band, sharpie, Kleenex, tape for cuts, sunscreen,bug spray extra pack of stogies. I'm happy to say there is never any trash in my bag! Oh, I forgot the Abacus!!!,

•  

Once I receive my new Titlelist bag, I'll know what I've put into it.  If I recall correctly, did we not have this discussion around a year ago?

• 1135 points

I have the Titleist Liteweight Stand bag.  I carry some bandages, tape, granola bars, frog tog chilly pad towel, sunscreen, and wet wipes.  Might only add a couple of pounds weight to it, but I usually ride in a cart or use my push cart when I play.

•  

Titleist 14 Way Carry Bag...I am like both you...too much stuff at any given time! I have two of the same bags and rotate them periodically to keep them clean and efficient.  One is for travel and one is my regular loop.  

•  

Come to think of it, mine may need to gone thru before we head to Texas for the Winter. I don't want to have the same problem my father-in-law experienced when he found 3 dead baby mice and 2 live ones in the bottom of his bag when we went out a number of years ago. Talk about laugh, we  all remembered to  tease him about it for many years.

•  

I have a Titleist lightweight carry bag and Santa is bringing a Titleist STA-DRY.  Never allow junk in my bag.  Everything has a purpose.

•  

Awaiting my new TT stand bag... Boy they're sweet!