Cold weather food

Cold weather food

• 1393 points

...or a couple of corndogs with chili, onions and shredded cheddar.

•  

Professor3
    I've been trying to think of something that can take the chill out of the bones when it gets nasty...of course, I probably shouldn't be out there if it gets that bad.

One thing that comes to mind, is Jameson's Irish Whiskey....that always take the chill out off the bones......of course it is not very solid.....I normally have a few cheese filled crackers with it......the flask is in the bag as we speak....you never know when a Noreaster will blow in.....

•  

Quote Mr. Holley  -  something with a little kick just to warm you up works well on those colder days.

Or course in my neck of the woods - it's called "Wild Turkey"

•  

Go Hokies
    Quote Mr. Holley  -  something with a little kick just to warm you up works well on those colder days.

Or course in my neck of the woods - it's called "Wild Turkey"

Bobby they are not mutually exclusive and actually work well together.

• 5065 points

We have been iced in for days...no school for my kids since Wednesday and again today Monday. I have made a Pork roast, Chicken and noodles, Beef roast, peach cobbler, apple pie, chicken quesadillas, and Chilli.

•  

Sounds like dinner is at Marks house for the whole community.......I'll bring the Blue Bell ice cream for the pies.......

•  

Very true -  the other normal brown liquid is "Crown" -  works pretty well for a little kick (and it was needed last Saturday when the temperature only got to 39).

•  

I like a little ceviche and tortilla chips with a frosty margarita on those "cold" days here in San Diego! :-)

• 743 points

Can't go wrong with some Chili

•  

Wick Fowlers "Two Alarm Chili". YUM!

• 1393 points

golferdrmjr
    I like a little ceviche and tortilla chips with a frosty margarita on those "cold" days here in San Diego! :-)

How about a few fish tacos at Tin Fish?

• 1393 points

ChuckZ
    Professor3I've been trying to think of something that can take the chill out of the bones when it gets nasty...of course, I probably shouldn't be out there if it gets that bad.

One thing that comes to mind, is Jameson's Irish Whiskey....that always take the chill out off the bones......of course it is not very solid.....I normally have a few cheese filled crackers with it......the flask is in the bag as we speak....you never know when a Noreaster will blow in.....

Excellent choice...I'll have to try some of those cheese crackers. Guaranteed to make the round more memorable.

• 1763 points

One of my fave at this time of year is my Jamaican soup recipe. Pumpkin Beef soup with a scotch bonnet pepper to enhance the kick and a few spinners (small dumplings).

•  

TNT009
    Clam Chaddoh..

Listen, the propah spelling is "CLAM CHOWDAH".  There are 3 types...1) New England (the white), 2) Red (made with tomato juice), and 3) my personal favorite, the Clear (or cleah if you are from RoeDyelin - aka Rhode Island).  A nice bowl of CHOWDAH and a couple of clam cakes - FAHGETTABOUTIT!    Nothing bettah anywhere...

I can translate to all non-New Englanders if needed...

•  

golferdrmjr

Ceviche? Wasn't that the name of the Cisco Kid's Horse?