Other brands starting Ambassador programs

Other brands starting Ambassador programs

•  

So I see on Facebook that both 3 Stripes and Freddie's brand (under the same ownership, of course) are looking for "brand ambassadors" who would "Rrepresent us in online consumer chats.

You’ll talk to golfers like yourself and answer their questions about golf footwear and apparel. Opportunity requirements are a passion for the ___ Golf brand and an in-depth knowledge of our products."

Only four years late to the party.

•  

I just got an e-mail requesting the same from TM Golf, and all affiliated brands.

•  

I also got the TM request -  looks like something a little bit more involved - something called Needler?

•  

Randy and Bobby, did you politely tell them where to go?  :-)

I know not all FootJoy fans are Titleist fans but I am through and through.  I didn't realize for many of the first years golfing that they were owned by the same company so it worked out.

Must be a good sign that TT & FJC are creating strong engagement out there and the competition is jealous/worried!  

•  

I respectfully decline. FJ is good enough for me.

•  

How UN original! We may have been infiltraded.... :)

• 1135 points

Not really a fan so my decision is pretty simple.

•  

Just shows that Acushnet is the leader amoung manufacturers.

•  

Not interested. 1 I don't like their products, 2 I am comitted to Acushnet, 3 I highly doubt the people in TM or Freddy's group would be as cool as the FJA's or Team Titleist people.  

• 2104 points

Not for me.  I don't have anything against their products, I've tested or owned a few over the years, but I'm with Titleist and FJ for the long haul.  Once you've tried the rest and found the best, there is no reason to change.  And I agree with others' sentiment, I haven't been here long, but the people here another reason I don't want to leave.

•  

Often imitated..... But never duplicated!

•  

The offer is to pay people with $$$ or merchandise.

TT

• 1690 points

it is kind of funny to get those emails and wonder how many people will sign up just to get swag and $$ and will not know what they are talking about.  While I do wear three stripe running shoes, that is about it other than sports warm up I have from them.  When it comes to golf gear and outer wear, it is FJ or go cold and wet. And the people interacting on this forum is a good time.  

• 3134 points

When other companies copy what you do it's a huge compliment.

FJ does things the right way be it customer service or product quality wise, the undisputed leader.

Good luck to those other companies because they will need it !

•  

I wondered how long it would take other brands to start this.  I'm actually surprised it took this long.  I think this goes to what I've been feeling for a few years now.  TM has "jumped the shark."  They are losing younger buyers to the "hip" brand Poults now plays and the more traditional golfers are going to way of Titleist/FJ.  A lot of the brands are reorganizing their structure to focus who they are appealing to.  I think the TM brand will be the odd many out.  Too many people are seeing through their marketing gimmicks.  At the end of the day, other companies want what Acushnet has.  I see this as a grasp to "bribe" people to play their stuff.  I'm here because I always wore FJ shoes.  I've stayed because of the people I've met.  It has nothing to do with anything I've received in the mail.  But I guarantee if they are offering money/merchandise up front, people will join up who had no prior allegiance with them.  We'll never know the truth, but from a business stand-point, I'm curious how this will work out for them.