Best / Worst Golf Announcers

Best / Worst Golf Announcers

•  

I've got my opinions on some of the better golf announcers, but I'd like to hear from you out there who you think is good / bad / indifferent.

I'm not a fan of Johnny Miller, but am growing to like Nick Faldo.

What do all of you think?

•  

Johnny Miller is rather dry, but does give good insights to how the pros are making shots. Personally, Nick Faldo is my choice along wwith David Ferrady(sp). David has given more to the lighter side thanmany of the others and his sense of humor is very interesting.

•  

I like Faldo, love Feherty, hate Kelly Tilghman. Johnny Miller can go either way - -sometimes he's right on the money, other times it seems like he's just talking to hear himself talk.

•  

I really like David Feherty. Pretty funning guy and understands the game.

I don't enjoy listening to Faldo at all. I even sometimes turn the sound down if he is in the booth....

•  

Gary McCord is a pretty funny guy,Faldo is good as well.As for the others, if you don't have anything good to type.........you know the rest.

•  

Faldo and David Feherty are my favorites, and no one else is even close.

I don't really care for Johnny Miller either but I do appreciate that he's not afraid to say exactly what's on his mind.

•  

David Feherety is the best.

•  

I watch a lot of golf, but to be honest, I don't pay much attention to the announcers.  I guess I'm good at zoning out talking.

•  

Faherety, Faldo and McCord are all good for me.

•  

Welch222

Faldo and David Feherty are my favorites, and no one else is even close.

I don't really care for Johnny Miller either but I do appreciate that he's not afraid to say exactly what's on his mind.

when i add mccord to your list, we are in total agreement. your point about miller not being afraid to speak his mind is truely his one redeeming factor that allows me to listen to him.  i think that the announcers need not only to be accurate, but somewhat entertaining if i'm going to listen them.  miller may be mostly drab in his commentary, but you never know what he is all of a sudden going to come up with.

•  

Cary Middlecoff was an excellant announcer For a little golf history go to:

http://www.cbssports.com/cbssports/news/031005masters3

for a complete list of everyone who has worked the Masters.

•  

Feherty and McCord and Pepper are the ones I want to listen to. They don't take themselves seeriously, and can put the action into terms any can understand. Every time I hear Miller talk about "supinating" I want to vomit. A person that's not familiar with golf doesn't get that kind of talk, so they turn the channel. Yeah, he may be right more than wrong, but he makes me crazy.

The other sore point is that I'm tired of hearing all the fawning over Tiger. Yeah he's great, and everyone gets it. So go let him father your next kid and let's move along and cover the action. I like watching play out there, both good and bad. Mix it up. I don't care, just show me the shots!  

•  

David Feherty is one of my favorites. I think his wit brings enjoyment to the broadcasts.

I cannot stand Johnny Miller. He just gets under my skin with some of his observations.

•  

Tar Heel

Feherty and McCord and Pepper are the ones I want to listen to. They don't take themselves seeriously, and can put the action into terms any can understand. Every time I hear Miller talk about "supinating" I want to vomit. A person that's not familiar with golf doesn't get that kind of talk, so they turn the channel. Yeah, he may be right more than wrong, but he makes me crazy.

The other sore point is that I'm tired of hearing all the fawning over Tiger. Yeah he's great, and everyone gets it. So go let him father your next kid and let's move along and cover the action. I like watching play out there, both good and bad. Mix it up. I don't care, just show me the shots!  

Agreed. What gets me is when he is tied with 8 other people and the network always has him listed first.

•  

I think instead of moving TW to the top of everything, they should just put the order by "OWGR", then you get the best of both worlds.  TW is always on the top when he is in a tie (because he's the #1 player in the world) and there won't be any discrepancies because of "favoritism".