Community Only : FJ Make Every Day Playable Sweepstakes!

Community Only : FJ Make Every Day Playable Sweepstakes!

• 3 points

This time of year we have the undesirable frost delay.

• 366 points

A recent trip to Montana to get one last round of the season in at Whitefish Golf Club with my son was the perfect ending to this golf season. It was even better seeing the look on his face when I turned over my Vokey wedge set for him to use as I had replaced them with newer models. He enjoys the game and has always been happy with my "hand me downs", but this was unexpected and really made his day. You know there was something special when he holed out the first time he used one from a greenside sand trap! Our FJ DryJoys came in handy as we had to play through a rain shower on the final nine holes. It felt good to get inside after our round, but we both new it would a long winter before we would have the chance to tee it up again.

• 511 points

Golf has been a life long experience that has kept our family active and happily together. FJ has been with us for many years on this enjoyable journey.

• 231 points

There is nothing more gratifying than a early morning start on our back nine at our club when you see the day begin. Its quiet other than the birds, the greens being cut and rolled. You really appreciate the game for what it is and what it should bring to everyone. Not just winning or beating your peers. It's walking and laughing, admiring good golf shots that we sometimes can really hit. Admiring the twin fawns sprinting across the fairway and then looking at your ball or us trying to say what are guys doing here? Its about on cool upstate New York mornings standing at the first tee and adding that little bit of Baileys in your coffee with the boys and picking your team from the hat. As we age we go through it year in and year out so here is the chance to step back, look at it, smile and be thankful for the opportunity that golf does provide for there is no comparison (at least for us guys) in any other activity. it becomes a team sport so to say at that point but still it is between you, the course and of course the golf gods like Hogan, Nelson,Snead etc that look down and say, they understand the game

• 3 points

After spending a few years of playing golf as a single, I was put into a group with two gentlemen from a local club.  During the round, they were very complimentary and suggested that I join the course's men's club.  It took me a year and a half to finally check it out, but I'm glad I did.  I've made several new friends and have had a ton of fun out on the course.  Thanks Art & Jay for that round!

• 109 points

Playing golf with Louie in 30 degree weather, pricleess!

• 114 points

This past October I was invited on a trip to Myrtle Beach with a friend and his colleagues. I had never met four of these gentlemen before, but the promise of nice weather, great accommodations and outstanding golf was enough that I could not refuse the trip. I met these men at the airport in SC Saturday morning and we went to breakfast straight from the airport, and it wasn't the end of the meal before we had gone from acquaintances to friends. Dunes, Grande Dunes, Tidewater and Heritage could not have fostered friendships any deeper. This one trip, just four short days, reminded me that despite what we see on the evening news there are wonderful people we have not yet met. For that I am certainly thankful.

• 109 points

I am just thankful for family and health. The ability to play the game I love almost every day with the support of family is enough for anyone to be thankful for.

• 103 points

Every day I get to play golf in November in Chicago is a great day . I am thankful for each of those days and especially for the 5 golfing buddies who I played with yesterday, and the FJ gear that kept me warm

• 6 points

Six years ago, I was diagnosed with brain oncology. I thought that my love of the game would continue, but that I would never have the opportunity of playing again. Twice, I have been told by my doctors that I had a limtied amount of time left.

Shortly after, a group arranged for me to go to St Andrews and play several of the great courses in the area. Standing on the tee at the Old Course, I felt blessed and overwhelmed and incredibly thankful. The rounds were like a fantasy and I would just stop and look out at the North Sea of the Bay of Forth and realize how incredibly fortunate I am.

I still play, not terribly often; but always with a sense that even if it is for several holes or an entire round - what a gift the game is. I believe it is for very good reason that many folks define there own sense of heaven as a golf course. I still hope to avoid finding out which direction I have gone upon my passing; but every golf season is a wonderful reminder of how enriching playing a round can be.

• 424 points

After seeing snow today, I am already looking forward to next year once the weather improves and thankful for the great summer weather we get in Ohio.

• 103 points

I am thankful that after a devastating car accident, my mentor, coach, and friend survives today to teach the game of golf to all he encounters.

• 413 points

I am thankful that I was able to golf with my dad on a weekly basis for the last two years he was able to golf. He is 85 and was able to golf until early last year when medical issues forced him to give up the game. I am thankful for the quality time I was able to spend with him playing the game we both love.
    • 8 points

I am thankful for my final rounds with my dad.  Most amazing golf trip I've ever taken.

• 3 points

I am thankful for the many friends I have made on the golf course.