Community Only : FJ Make Every Day Playable Sweepstakes!

Community Only : FJ Make Every Day Playable Sweepstakes!

•  

I am thankful for the 53 years of golf that i have under my belt.  The many experiences I have had on the course.  Playing with my Dad the year before he went to the big course in the sky.  The many rounds I played with my son. Now starting to teach the grandkids.  Wish their attention span would last more than 5 minutes. But I love my vice.

• 3 points

I am thankful that it helps bring my wife and I closer together when we golf.

•  

I'm thankful my Grandpa taught me how to golf. I've met so many great people, had so many amazing experiences, and learned so much about life in general all because I learned how to hit a little white ball.

•  

1st time I played with my son (who is now 5).  We played a par 3 and I took more pictures of him than golf shots that day.  He loves to look at the pictures on the computer and says, "Daddy, remember when we played golf for the 1st time..."  My response, "I do, but tell me about it".  He remembers everything - PRICELESS!

•  

I am thankful for my Grandparents who introduced me to the game and made sure I had left handed clubs no matter what. RIP Grandma and Grandpa. Thanks for letting me share.

Happy Holidays to all :)

•  

I am thankful that I had the opportunity to play the fantastic game of golf with both my father and my older brother before they died.  I played with my dad in Florida the year before his ultimately fatal stroke and with my brother one last time before moving to the Houston area in early 2009.  This game gave me those experiences, and has offered me a wonderful group of fellow golfers through the Forum.  Always humbling, frequently exhilarating, and occasionally exceptionally rewarding.

•  

I am thankful for all the great friends and relationships the game of golf has given me.  Most of my good friends are "golfing buddies" and the newest of them are those of you I know from the Footjoy Community.  Golf is a game that I will more than likely continue to play until my body  wont allow me to play anymore.  By the grace of God, I have survived 3 near death experiences since 2008 that could have sidelined me for good.  I am so thankful that I can still play the game relatively well and enjoy all the friends I have because of this greatest game of all.

• 2769 points

We were playing on a November day at  Acushnet River Valley  ((right near  The Titleist ball factories)  with the weather in the low 40's,lots of wind and  light rain. We were also one of only about 4 groups  desperate enough for golf to be on the course ( of course my FJ Dryjoys and thermals made it possible)  After hitting our drives on a 112 yard par 3  we spent  considerable time looking  our balls as the rain made it difficult to see where they landed. Just when we were ready to give searching for my ball ,one of the group suggested  "why don't you look in the hole genius". My first hole in one.  

•  

Like many of those posting -  very thankful to have been given an opportunity to play this special game, which is continuing to provide many friendships and memories.  I'm also have to say a special thank you for Ms. Hokie that continues to put up with all those golf shoes that show up.

• 1676 points

I am very thankful that I got to play a lot of golf with my dad and brother before my father passed away.  He was always telling me to change this or that with my swing, and I would always tell him to leave me alone.  And the whole time my brother is sitting there laughing at us.  Being able to share something with your family creates memories that will never go away.  Now I just get to play with my brother from time to time, but regardless of how bad I play, we have fun and laugh like the old days with our dad.  

Have a great holiday season FJ community, may you have turkey sandwiches and pie for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  

• 52 points

I think the joy of being on a golf course makes me thankful for the game that I love.Meeting a lady or a man or a group of older players and throwing out an invite to play me gets  me 100% happy.Taking mental pictures of the surroundings makes any round a dream round.

•  

I am very thankful of the experience a member of Augusta National gave me a number of years ago to visit and spend three days playing the big and small courses a few times.  It was great since I met new friends, had an opportunity to play one of the most famous golf courses in the world, and enjoy the southern hospitality of the facility.  It is a memory that I give a lot of Thanks to since it is a golfers dream in my mind!

Here I am teeing off on 13 from the Members Tee.  I was fortunate to have played multiple rounds both from the tournament and members tees.  There were only two tee boxes...very cool.

• 5261 points

Now THAT is a memory!

•  

I'm thankful that EVERY day that I go to the golf course I'm happy to be there. I so look forward to every round. Whether it's old or newer friends to play with, or as yesterday, a couple of nice guys I'd never meet before. Being outside in the fresh air and enjoying the day no matter the outcome of the score. Of course, the competitor in me is even happier if I play well. :-)

But, I'll tell you what, playing golf with other FootJoy Ambassadors just takes it up to another level. Happy days for sure!

• 25 points

I am thankful every time I get to play a round.  Like they say, "A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work."