Community Only : FJ Make Every Day Playable Sweepstakes!

Community Only : FJ Make Every Day Playable Sweepstakes!

•  

Its not a cliché to talk about all the things in life that we all have to be thankful for, and for the experiences we get to share each and every day. For me, the experiences always include the chances to meet up with and play golf with the real live people I've met here in the FJ Community. People like Don and Todd, Mike and Shaun, and Bobby. (Pay no attention to that lefty in the bottom photo....) ; ) And every other person, from Cole, Chris (GC), Mike, Brian, Rick, Scotty, and all the folks I'll meet soon.....

There are far too many pictures to post here from these special times, where golf and fashion collide with all things FJ.

So really, what am I thankful for? Any day where I wake up on "the right side of the grass." From there, the rest of the day is awesome!

•  

I am thankful that my parents introduced me to golf at a young age.  I played a lot of sports over the years but is golf that has always been around throughout the years and that I plan to keep active in for years to come.  Golf has introduced me to a number of wonderful, life-long friends that I would never have met otherwise.  Along these same lines, becoming more active in the FJC and with TT has introduced me to a lot of other wonderful friends.  Thanks for giving us pause ro stop and remember some of the things we are thankful for!

•  

First and foremost I am thankful for my health and family. On a golfing side, I am thankful for all the new friends that I have made over the last several years here in the FJC.

• 3 points

Great game and fun social thing for us. Frank

• 4201 points

I am thankful for FJ and their commitment to quality and class.  They aren't out there shoving marketing down our throats or being obnoxious.  They've created this wonderful community that we can all participate in and be a part of.

As for an actual golf experience.  I'm just thankful that I found out my father was a golfer when he was younger and enjoyed the game.  It pushed my curiosity into actual interest and then got me playing.  Now I get to enjoy this game that we all love.

•  

I have a few experiences that I am most thankful for during my rounds in 2013.  

The first was my very first HIO in July.  What made me thankful during this particular round was my wife was walking with me during the RI State AM and got to see my HIO, but was able to see it go into the hole.  

My second most thankful event for 2013 was getting the invitation to the Foot Joy Ambassadors event in Sept.  This is only second in sequential order, really was the highlight of my year.  Being included in a family of extended friends that truly enjoy not only the game, but most of all what Foot Joy stands for made this event more than special.

An my third most memorable expereince was getting my second HIO with my oldest Son.  He was more exicted than I was to see it go in.

During each of the above mentioned events, I was wearing a brand that "Makes Every Day Playable" and with the winter coming quickly up here in New England, I would enjoy be comfortable and layed in the new DryJoys Tour XP Jacket, Performance Mid Layer and ProDry Performance Thermal Base Layer to not only keep me on the course, but keep me playing through the winter. 

-Brian

•  

I retired from second career in public service assisting disabled veterans for 21 years, in September 2011, with a goal of working on my game I called golf and never had time to practice or really play.  I joined a group of retired businessmen called "The Little Rascals" and we play in an organized league every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  We play a points game and everyone throws in a small token to cover best round and closest to the pin on two par 3s each match.  Each Christmas we get together at a local Yacht club for our business meeting and Christmas gala.  There are all levels of players in our group and there are about three groups of A players who like to play skins matches and these are the guys I normally play with.  September is a good month for me.  I was born in September as was my mother.  I have never been one to be very superstitious, you know, fear of the black cat, the number 13, and so on.  My normal foursome and I were playing our normal match on Friday, September 13th, had just turned 67, three days earlier, and I was having a particularly good round going and when this happens within our group we normally do not say much.  We kinda let the person stay in the zone, as one would say.  I have had some good rounds since I started playing in 1984, which is kinda late in life to take up golf, but I had dedicated my life to my work in operations management and just did not feel I had the time needed to become proficient.  Prior to the 13th my lowest round was a 71 and when we deducted my handicap of 12, at the time I had a net 59 which I was the Low Net Super Senior Winner that year.  Guess that does not count because it was net.  But my almost dream round did happen on Friday 13th, September 2013, when I shot a 69 gross and I did have three birdie putts that hung on the lip.  IF and we all use that word, two of those would have fallen in, I would have shot my age.  It was a dream day for me and I guess I could say I have far exceeded my expections of golf for the 29 years I have been playing.  Shot 69, 2 holes in one, Attended: Masters, US Open, PGA Championships, Sr PGA Championships, Nationwide Tour Championships, Ryder Cup, World Cup, US Womens Am, played golf in Ireland and am able to dress nicely because of FJ.   ChuckZ  :-) 

• 2776 points

I am thankful that my son is now old enough to where he is respecting the game and it's traditions but still young enough where most of his game is still about grip it and rip it !!  Every weekend is a pleasure to play with him.........and still kick his tail !!

•  

I'M SO THANKFUL THAT I HAVE A GRANDSON WHO LOVES THE GAME. WE PLAY AS OFTEN AS WE CAN AND IT IS TRULY A DELIGHT. HOPEFULLY WE CAN CONTINUE TO PLAY TOGETHER FOR MANY YEARS TO COME.

• 313 points

I am thankful for the good health that my family, relatives, and I are blessed with.  Thankful for the opportunity to enjoy golf and all it offers.  To be connected to this community was well as others within the FJ extended community.  Meeting other members who share this common passion and learn/hear about their other interests is very rewarding.  Thank you to the FJ community for this great opportunity.  Happy Thanksgiving to all.

• 3 points

I am very thankful to have enjoyed a round at BayHill earlier this year with 3 good friends.  It was a thrill to play Arnie's course.  

•  

Tar Heel

Who is the little kid with you and Shaun?

•  

I am grateful for many things. As far as golf goes, I'm grateful that my kids are starting to play golf and that I get the chance to play with them.  I was only able to play 1 round of 18 with my dad, so everytime I get to play with them is a blessing

•  

Being at St Andrews and running into Tyler at the Scores Hotel bar

• 44 points

Getting out early in the morning on the any course just feels your soul.